Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

With all the talk about the cost of living here in Australia

With all the talk about the cost of living here in Australia

Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:25 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default With all the talk about the cost of living here in Australia

I heard on the radio this morning that brisbane has entered the top 40 most expensive places in the world to live ... *source b105fm*

I know that its not a cheap as i expected before i got here but i was a bit suprised to hear that ..

I'm looking around the web to see if i can find a story to support this
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: With all the talk about the cost of living here in Australia

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I heard on the radio this morning that brisbane has entered the top 40 most expensive places in the world to live ... *source b105fm*

I know that its not a cheap as i expected before i got here but i was a bit suprised to hear that ..

I'm looking around the web to see if i can find a story to support this

The most important thing is if you are happy and settled. Money is not everything.

The question should be do you personally have a poorer life,, if the answer is no then it doesn't matter does it?

I find the more money you have the more you spend anyway.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:48 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
The most important thing is if you are happy and settled. Money is not everything.

The question should be do you personally have a poorer life,, if the answer is no then it doesn't matter does it?

Absolutely agree ... only been here two months so still adjusting but i can definately say i have a richer life

I will be happier once our furniture arrives and our rental can start to feel like our home
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:49 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I find West London a trifle expensive.

I might sell my body to fund my life. Except noone would want it.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:49 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldn't know with 3 daughters i'm always skint.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:50 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

God knows how I will find Australia.

Cant wait to get the chance to find out.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cam_uk
Absolutely agree ... only been here two months so still adjusting but i can definately say i have a richer life

I will be happier once our furniture arrives and our rental can start to feel like our home

I think there is a lot of "trolls" on here at the minute, so pay no attention to threads like that.

Also media hype is rife. They only tell you what you want to hear.

Good luck with your new life. Just enjoy it
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:52 pm

I think there is a lot of "trolls" on here at the minute, so pay no attention to threads like that.

Also media hype is rife. They only tell you what you want to hear.

Good luck with your new life. Just enjoy it

We should name and shame the trolls.

bloody shit stirrers.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:52 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
God knows how I will find Australia.

Cant wait to get the chance to find out.
just get on the plane sam,the pilot does the rest
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by jonni boy
just get on the plane sam,the pilot does the rest

Just a tiny matter of the visa to apply for. Our agent is checking our forms and we still have some 'official' stuff to do like organise police checks from hubbys country.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:56 pm
sunny coast

Just a tiny matter of the visa to apply for. Our agent is checking our forms and we still have some 'official' stuff to do like organise police checks from hubbys country.
i was just being cheeky sam when you hoping to go
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:59 pm

i was just being cheeky sam when you hoping to go

Well its in the hands of George Lombard and then it depends on if we get STNI offered, and if not, how well Abdel does in his English test.

So I shall not get remotely excited, in fact its a long time since i got excited anyway so I am not missing much.

Talking of excitement, I havent done any 'stories' for ages.

They were only for special people though.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:03 pm
sunny coast

Well its in the hands of George Lombard and then it depends on if we get STNI offered, and if not, how well Abdel does in his English test.

So I shall not get remotely excited, in fact its a long time since i got excited anyway so I am not missing much.

Talking of excitement, I havent done any 'stories' for ages.

They were only for special people though.
get your imagination working sam i could do with cheering up
whats STNI sam
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:08 pm

get your imagination working sam i could do with cheering up
whats STNI sam

We hope that Victoria will sponsor my husband on the agreement we live there for 2 years. No hardship, we have friends there and chef jobs are a plenty.

I havent done one of 'those' stories for ages have I?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:15 pm
sunny coast

We hope that Victoria will sponsor my husband on the agreement we live there for 2 years. No hardship, we have friends there and chef jobs are a plenty.

I havent done one of 'those' stories for ages have I?
no you have'nt and i've been a bad bad boy that needs punishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.