Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all peeps in Perth............ A GREAT FOOD STORE

For all peeps in Perth............ A GREAT FOOD STORE

Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:00 am
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up For all peeps in Perth............ A GREAT FOOD STORE

A rather excited husband has just rang me and said he has found a fab deli and fresh food store which is like Waitrose, Selfridges and David Jones all rolled into one. Popped out for his lunch and hasn't quite been the same since

He's got himself in quite a lather and says we have to do our food shop there tommorrow.

Anyway thought I should share this with you guys

Bree

http://www.herdsman-fresh.com.au/index.cfm?Page_ID=1

Last edited by Desperate House Flies; Jul 1st 2005 at 6:04 am.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:05 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: For all peeps in Perth............ A GREAT FOOD STORE

Discovered this place when we were house hunting in the area. Love it!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:19 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies
A rather excited husband has just rang me and said he has found a fab deli and fresh food store which is like Waitrose, Selfridges and David Jones all rolled into one. Popped out for his lunch and hasn't quite been the same since

He's got himself in quite a lather and says we have to do our food shop there tommorrow.

Bree

Another one very similar is the Boatshed fresh markets in Cottesloe, just be warned the bill can be slightly higher than you want it to
And a weekly shop is a definite no no
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:36 am
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve99
Another one very similar is the Boatshed fresh markets in Cottesloe, just be warned the bill can be slightly higher than you want it to
And a weekly shop is a definite no no
Love the Boatshed as it's round the corner from the hairdressers

Bree
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Love the Boatshed as it's round the corner from the hairdressers

Bree
The Re-store in Northbridge is supposed to be great.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:56 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

If you`re after a great steak burger at a good price then you can`t go past $5.50 at the lunch bar in the Livingstone Shopping Centre.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The Re-store in Northbridge is supposed to be great.
Leederville On the corner of my friends street(Bruce and Oxford).
It's pretty good, just a big delicatessen shop I guess, similar to the Cannington Fresh Market on Albany Highway I think.

This Herdsman one in Churchlands sounds bigger and better though...

But I already think Woolworths, Action and Coles are huge with big variety, cos I'm used to the small supermarkets of Holland, so I'll be sticking with them!

Great tip though Bree, I will check it out some time, it's not far from us!

Last edited by Simone; Jul 1st 2005 at 10:07 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:10 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Finally checked this place out!
How cool! Now I finally know (sort of) what you guys are talking about when discussing uk supermarkets, and the more ready meals.
Saw things like Sheperds pie. Veggie dipping sticks, all ready washed etc.

I would still rather make it myself, than pay the slightly higher prices, but if you really can't be bothered sometimes, and have the money, it's great!

I think I'll use it for special occasions, and sometimes a substitute for take away.
Oh, and it's open on Sundays! And 5 mins from us
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:50 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I found another similar sort of place in Subiaco,
Not sure what the name of it is ( Sass something is in my head for somereason)
Its sort of tucked away a bit, up the top of Rockeby road on the left hand side, If you know where Coles is, its sort of in the same place but a bit further up the hill. has a seperate cheese/meat/seafood delhi etc, and a cleanskin bottle shop which some guys at work have recommended.
Steve
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:37 am
Just Joined

ajec is an unknown quantity at this point

Herdsman Fresh is just round the corner from us which is great except that I pop in for some milk and end up spending about $50 as everything looks so good! It's hugely popular after work and at weekends - so much so that they employ a parking attendent to direct the traffic in the car park!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:24 am
You'll learn............

Originally Posted by ajec
Herdsman Fresh is just round the corner from us which is great except that I pop in for some milk and end up spending about $50 as everything looks so good! It's hugely popular after work and at weekends - so much so that they employ a parking attendent to direct the traffic in the car park!
I know, she's a real hoot, doesn't stand any messing around!!

This place may look expensive but we have actually reduced our food bill by shopping there!! honest. We find that we shop for each meal in the right proportions, with no waste. I promise I will don my frilly apron and go back to being a domestic goddess once we have moved (things are a bit hectic) Until then I am enjoying being a totally lazy bint.

Jill
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Bree

another good one is Angelo St markets in South Perth on angelo st open 7 days until 7pm! u can get carried away though and spend more than u expect!