Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All this news of what you haven`t got!! What have you got?

All this news of what you haven`t got!! What have you got?

Old Apr 7th 2003, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default All this news of what you haven`t got!! What have you got?

Past topics have been down on what it not available in OZ. So come on cheer us all up and tell us some good things.

Good supermarkets? Shops, clothes and otherwise.

Come on it can`t be that dismal.

footie chick
Old Apr 7th 2003, 1:25 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: All this news of what you haven`t got!! What have you got?

When I was living in Sydney a few years back ( before I was granted my PR last month ) I thought the Supermarkets were good especially Coles. As for the Shops K-mart was a favourite a bit pikey but thats the beautiful of Oz you can get away with that sort of thing without people looking down their noses at you !!
Although if you want decent shoes take them with you !
Cheers
Simon.
Old Apr 7th 2003, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been stocking up on 'Accessorize' flip flops/thongs. Do you think I'll need shoes too?
Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shoes eh!!

Another excuse to start shopping. Flip flops and and a new wardrobe so far may need two containers.

It will be nice to shop anywhere and not have to put up with snotty people.

footie chick
Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

I still haven't stocked up on extra summer clothes in the UK, still waiting for M&S's full summer range to come out.

Bought loads of bras and knickers though. Do they sell 'F' cup sizes in Oz??
Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:19 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Shikse
Do they sell 'F' cup sizes in Oz??
Are you being served?
Graces in Sydney has a wide choice, I am not quite as ample as a F cup but very sure they would have them - bought 5 bras, & matching knickers for 3 (2 sets being CK) for less than £100 there in Feb
Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by walaj
Are you being served?
Graces in Sydney has a wide choice, I am not quite as ample as a F cup but very sure they would have them - bought 5 bras, & matching knickers for 3 (2 sets being CK) for less than £100 there in Feb
Cheaper bras in big sizes are not usually good in the 'support' area. CK definately don't got higher than a C. Will have to get a breast reduction or loose weight!!
Old Apr 7th 2003, 7:37 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

I wont divulge my bra size, (not quite F) but I will be stocking up before I go. Its hard enough to find a decent lingerie shop here never mind having to start looking out there. But I would be very interested to hear from anyone in the Perth area that has found a good shop

Mrs Brox
Old Apr 7th 2003, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

mikenvonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Past topics have been down on what it not available in OZ. So come on cheer us all up and tell us some good things.

footie chick

Hi

Thanks for your reply earlier, I will be in touch if I need advice thanks, I have found this forum great, really friendly people

My positives, although not the main ones, for moving to oz are

1. ALL YEAR ROUND TAN

2. NO MORE TRIPS TO THE HAIRDRESSERS TO HAVE MY HAIR HIGHLIGHTED THE SUN WILL DO THE JOB

3. H A P P Y outgoing self-confident people

Bye for now and well done on a positive TRA result

Yvonne
B R I S B A N E B O U N D everything crossed!
Old Apr 7th 2003, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Like the high-lighting bit, just the odd trim every so often. The ouside lifestyle appeals to us and also a less ( hopefully) busy working life.

TTFN

footie chick
Old Apr 7th 2003, 9:44 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you got online banking???
All my financial doo-da is with Intelligent Finance, internet and telephone banking,.....I have forgotton what its like to go to a branch and talk to someone human!!!
I will be lost if i had to go into 'town' to pay my bills now!
Old Apr 8th 2003, 1:47 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by footie chick

footie chick
What is good here:

Fishing

boating - boats are cheap enough, depending on what you want, and the age of the boat ( I own a fibreglass runabout which cost us $5000 - good enough to fish the bay and outside the GoldCoast bar) Tinnies (small aluminium boat) you can pick up for a grand and up - ok for calm water and rivers)

Wildlife(depending where you live - you can feed possums on your balcony - I did in my last house, and the house we are building now backs onto a reserve with Koalas)
Not so cold (depending where you live in Aus of course)

Plenty of places to explore within Aus - if you do not mind travelling a fair distance. To go to one of my favourite fishing spot is a two hour drive - which is nothing, and I don't think anything of "nipping/ popping out" on a drive like this in the evenings - your perspective changes a bit - I say things like The Gold Coast is just down the road - when it's actually a 1 and half hour drive away for me, I would have never had used this term in the UK for an hour an half drive.

Being able to chuck on anything when going out, ie Jeans and a t- shirt, or shorts and not having to "tart" yourself up all of the time (sorry Dotty I'm one of those "scruffy" people you've mentioned before - but the good news is I do not wear thongs (flip flops) - hate them!)

I'm not going to list my bad things because you wanted the good things, but because shops were mentioned I will list that one - Coles and Woolworth's where I am are terrible, very scruffy, limited stock, and tiny isles - but I have noticed it depends where you live, supermarkets vary a lot in prices too. You can buy the same article, say a can of beans in one Coles outlet and it's a different price to another Coles which is in another area say 10 k away - terrible price differences, and the stores alter a lot, my local Coles is run down, but the one I used to shop in south Brisbane was totally different - depends who the manager is, and how it is run..And boy do I hate Kmart and BigW.

I used to enjoy shopping until I came here - if you're a shopoholic - Australia should cure you of your addiction.

P.S - yes there is online banking here depending on which bank you are with, but all of the major ones like Westpac, commonwealth - yes . I pay all my bills by online banking.

cheers
Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick [/i]

footie chick [i]
Adelaide has the most fantastic fruit and veg market, Central Market between Grote and Gouger Streets. If you're into Chinese cooking there's also a great huge Chinese supermarket right next door. I usually don't enjoy clothes shopping so didn't check it out much, did buy a very nice suede jacket, good quality, nice cut for a fraction of what I'd expect to pay here.

sashimi
Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I loved David Jones in Perth, got a great pair of shoes for £10 for new year. Had some great stuff in there.

I also saw target seemed abit like Woolworths.

Carrianne
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you're in the Bayside somewhere Ceri, what with the Koalas and all.

Whats wrong with thongs anyway?

Chris.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.