Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for all with "mad" mothers

for all with "mad" mothers

Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:38 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default for all with "mad" mothers

All of you that know me will have heard me mention my mad mother and the fact I haven't told her yet, well this is the next installment.
She came to visit tuesday night, she has no idea our house is up for sale so we took the for sale sign down and hid it in the garage. Strange you may say but this is the parent who has informed other family members that if she hears of me going to OZ she will get in touch with OZ high commision and get my application annulled!!!!!!!
With this in mind I'm still not going to tell her, and possibly not until I get on the plane. Just goes to show parents will try anything, its not as if we have a very good relationship and that she would miss our family time. She's just being selfish because she can't get there, "deported from another country"
Its quite annoying really, I'm already having to look into court injunctions for the remaining family when the s--t hits the fan, and it will.
Moral to this, only tell your parents if you know there will be no backlash aimed directly at you, then feel sorry for the rest of the family that she knows addresses and phone numbers for.

Jenny
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:55 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jen

I don't think you need to worry about Oz HC taking any notice of the ravings of a lunatic!

She CAN'T have your app annulled. She might like to THINK she has that power, but she doesn't. Sad woman.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

My mother was a bit like that when we got married and didn't invite her.....
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:10 pm
wombat42

His mothers Margaret Thatcher.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: for all with "mad" mothers

Originally posted by jensteve
All of you that know me will have heard me mention my mad mother and the fact I haven't told her yet, well this is the next installment.
She came to visit tuesday night, she has no idea our house is up for sale so we took the for sale sign down and hid it in the garage. Strange you may say but this is the parent who has informed other family members that if she hears of me going to OZ she will get in touch with OZ high commision and get my application annulled!!!!!!!
With this in mind I'm still not going to tell her, and possibly not until I get on the plane. Just goes to show parents will try anything, its not as if we have a very good relationship and that she would miss our family time. She's just being selfish because she can't get there, "deported from another country"
Its quite annoying really, I'm already having to look into court injunctions for the remaining family when the s--t hits the fan, and it will.
Moral to this, only tell your parents if you know there will be no backlash aimed directly at you, then feel sorry for the rest of the family that she knows addresses and phone numbers for.

Jenny
send her a postcard

sandy
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:38 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by downunderpom
Hi Jen

I don't think you need to worry about Oz HC taking any notice of the ravings of a lunatic!

She CAN'T have your app annulled. She might like to THINK she has that power, but she doesn't. Sad woman.

Mad as she may be she is highly intelligent, she can con her way into the cia offices in the states and get a room to use, saying she was a spy, she fooled them, all she has to say is I've conned her out of thousands, stole money, something convincing and I'd be asked to prove i was innocent, very hard to do, and lets face it she would have a go, the post card idea suits me fine.

Jenny
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:43 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Mad as she may be she is highly intelligent, she can con her way into the cia offices in the states and get a room to use, saying she was a spy, she fooled them, all she has to say is I've conned her out of thousands, stole money, something convincing and I'd be asked to prove i was innocent, very hard to do, and lets face it she would have a go, the post card idea suits me fine.

Jenny
"Innocent until proven guilty", but I see your point. Best to keep it all under your hat until the visas are in your passports.

My Ex-MIL was like this - I had to throw her bodily out of my house once. She then took out a lawsuit against us, saying that we'd promised her a third of the value of our house, and she wanted the court to force us to sell. It actually went to court, ridiculous as that may seem!

Her daughter turned more and more like her as time went on, which is why she's my Ex-wife!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:46 pm
Moved out bush!

Originally posted by downunderpom
"Innocent until proven guilty", but I see your point. Best to keep it all under your hat until the visas are in your passports.

My Ex-MIL was like this - I had to throw her bodily out of my house once. She then took out a lawsuit against us, saying that we'd promised her a third of the value of our house, and she wanted the court to force us to sell. It actually went to court, ridiculous as that may seem!

Her daughter turned more and more like her as time went on, which is why she's my Ex-wife!
Oh dear, my brother is much more like her, but seems very similar to mine, I've actually chucked her off the doorstep too, she took no notice though, visa's will be secure in passports before she finds out, feel sorry for rest of family left behind

Jenny
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:28 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Either of you guys ever thought about making a film? I'd go and see it.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:34 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Well i must admit that would be a great film ...

reading this has just made me laugh and brightened up my friday morning !

My mum took it quite bad but if she ever did any of that .....

god i never realised i was that lucky !

S
Old Mar 26th 2004, 9:03 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I had a very scarey ex friend who Im glad to be rid of. I had to keep everything quiet and coach the kids not to say anything if she turned up at the door ... she would def have tried to sabotage our plans
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandy.l
send her a postcard

sandy
I did read once about a couple who had similar Mum problems. They emigrated without telling her; instead when they arrived in Oz they sent a postcard with the message "Weather's here, wish you were nice!"
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

OMG how bizarre! I felt really sorry for you when I read your post. Oh well at least you wont ever have to see her again - or do you think she will visit you in Oz?
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:42 am
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road

Jenny

i told me mum we were considering it - her response wasl 'well there is nothing here for you!!!' i didnt expect anything else from her really.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:42 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by debsy
OMG how bizarre! I felt really sorry for you when I read your post. Oh well at least you wont ever have to see her again - or do you think she will visit you in Oz?
Yeah right!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.