Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All the help needed & appreciated !

All the help needed & appreciated !

Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:21 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Smile All the help needed & appreciated !

Hi to one and all !!!!

Well, that was christmas eh !....not long until easter !!
Now, here's the real reason i'm on here posting this,
please bear with me and i shall explain.
I'm a kiwi but living in the UK and have been for some considerable time, my other half (and suppose i'd better say better half !!) is British. 3 step kids are english and our 16 month old daughter is Kiwi by desent.
Does anyone know the best route for us to apply for visa/permanent residency ?
I'm in the Fire Service here & will be looking at applying once there, the Missus is a nurse and we'll be looking at either Sydney or Perth. I know, couldn't be further apart but i've spent alot of time in both and love both but we'll be doing a recce of both for the Missus to decide.
Any thought/idea's on any of this, decent suburbs to live close to a good beach due to the four children and them wanting to be close to the water !!

In advance.....thank you all and here's to a chilled beer on the beach real soon !!!!

Ali & Tracey.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the help needed & appreciated !

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi to one and all !!!!

Well, that was christmas eh !....not long until easter !!
Now, here's the real reason i'm on here posting this,
please bear with me and i shall explain.
I'm a kiwi but living in the UK and have been for some considerable time, my other half (and suppose i'd better say better half !!) is British. £ step kids are english and our 16 month old daughter is Kiwi by desent.
Does anyone know the best route for us to apply for visa/permanent residency ?
I'm in the Fire Service here & will be looking at applying once there, the Missus is a nurse and we'll be looking at either Sydney or Perth. I know, couldn't be further apart but i've spent alot of time in both and love both but we'll be doing a recce of both for the Missus to decide.
Any thought/idea's on any of this, decent suburbs to live close to a good beach due to the four children and them wanting to be close to the water !!

In advance.....thank you all and here's to a chilled beer on the beach real soon !!!!

Ali & Tracey.

As it happens I know a family in a similar situation. The husband (as both kids could get NZ citizenship as their mum is a Kiwi), is on a temporary spouse visa. With her being a New Zealander she can automatically live in Australia on her New Zealand passport and so can the kids. If the husband wants to get PR in Australia then he has, as far as I understand, to apply under the same visa options as everybody else, so he would need to apply for a skilled independent. As your wife is a nurse then she should not have any problems with that I wouldn't think. Other than that he has to reapply for his spouse visa every 4 years I think.
Sorry none of this is definite information but this is how I understand it to be from this family.

Amanda
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:37 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mand8002
As it happens I know a family in a similar situation. The husband (as both kids could get NZ citizenship as their mum is a Kiwi), is on a temporary spouse visa. With her being a New Zealander she can automatically live in Australia on her New Zealand passport and so can the kids. If the husband wants to get PR in Australia then he has, as far as I understand, to apply under the same visa options as everybody else, so he would need to apply for a skilled independent. As your wife is a nurse then she should not have any problems with that I wouldn't think. Other than that he has to reapply for his spouse visa every 4 years I think.
Sorry none of this is definite information but this is how I understand it to be from this family.

Amanda

Amanda,
Many thanks for that information, do you know if she can apply for the PR via the skilled process whilst in Oz or does it have to applied for whilst out of the country and back here in the daily grind of life here

Ali
Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Amanda,
Many thanks for that information, do you know if she can apply for the PR via the skilled process whilst in Oz or does it have to applied for whilst out of the country and back here in the daily grind of life here

Ali
Not sure on that one, maybe ask in the immigration forum, I am sure someone will know the answer.