All happening sooooooo quickly

All happening sooooooo quickly

Old Apr 8th 2003, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

gubbin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile All happening sooooooo quickly

Hello,
First posting......here goes.
Everything seems to be happening very fast. Sent application off just before Christmas 2002 and had request for medicals and police checks on 21Feb!!! Hadn't even had time to get my head around actually applying. We have had our medicals and have requested police checks but they seem to be taking ages (seems to be longer than whole process so far). At this stage I don't know whether to presume we will get our visa and start planning or just wait till it's 100% confirmed. Can't concentrate on anything and just when I've pushed it to the back of my mind there's a reminder - on TV or just a sticker on a car, that sort of thing. My husband hasn't even told his parents yet!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps we'll just ask them for a lift to the airport?!
Anyway back on track - thinking of Melbourne, any info would be gladly received.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Hi & welcome to the board.
Tell me what type of visa has elicited such a speedy response from Adelaide ?
Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rossi
Hi & welcome to the board.
Tell me what type of visa has elicited such a speedy response from Adelaide ?
Hi Rossi,
We are being sponsored, not sure if that makes the difference. Hubby is engineer, but the really scary thing is that they have waived the $100k that we needed to put upfront to get the much needed bonus points!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2003, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Congrats you must eb dead chuffed
Old Apr 9th 2003, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Interested
Congrats you must eb dead chuffed
Yes over the moon also very scared and completely unprepared.:scared: :scared:
but I suppose it's more fun this way as we havn't had the stressful waiting bit.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that is what I call speedy.

Hope all goes well......when your police checks finally turn up (43 days for us, still waiting!)

Good luck

Sindy
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news.You just need time to get over it now.

Best wishes

footie chick
Old Apr 9th 2003, 11:38 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
yeah it is very quick..theyre not all as quick.sob!.....but then again I did make some mistakes (tried alternatives and didnt work re work refs).

Mind you..when thinking about it..at least we have had time to really absorb the facts, getting all the 'well if this happens we'll do this and if that happens we'll do that'..you know what i mean!!! i tend to eat dream and sleep oz so your head really must be in a spin now!!!!!

our kids have had time to get used to the idea too. they were sooooo against it when we first decided to apply, now they cant wait!

so good luck with everything and i hope you sonn get accustomed to the idea that youre going much sooner than you originally planned!!!
Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi there,
yeah it is very quick..theyre not all as quick.sob!.....but then again I did make some mistakes (tried alternatives and didnt work re work refs).

Mind you..when thinking about it..at least we have had time to really absorb the facts, getting all the 'well if this happens we'll do this and if that happens we'll do that'..you know what i mean!!! i tend to eat dream and sleep oz so your head really must be in a spin now!!!!!

our kids have had time to get used to the idea too. they were sooooo against it when we first decided to apply, now they cant wait!

so good luck with everything and i hope you sonn get accustomed to the idea that youre going much sooner than you originally planned!!!

Yeah it is a struggle to get my head around it. Just been to the school play and got a little emotional thinking that I'll be taking the children away from their friends. Not to mention the friends we've made too. It's such a good school ............. but things don't stay the same and it's just too good an opportunity to miss. With email etc the world is a smaller place and it's easier to stay in touch - who am I trying to convince here??? Me or the kids? :lecture:
Police checks - exactly 6 weeks yesterday, so watch this space!!
Old Apr 13th 2003, 11:58 am
Just Joined

pommejo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sindy
Wow, that is what I call speedy.

Hope all goes well......when your police checks finally turn up (43 days for us, still waiting!)

Good luck

Sindy
Dont wait any longer for those police checks, we waited 45 days, then I called them and they got it out of the backlog! Pommejo
Old Apr 13th 2003, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommejo
Dont wait any longer for those police checks, we waited 45 days, then I called them and they got it out of the backlog! Pommejo
Thanks Poj,

As it happens thats exactly what we did when it reached 43 days, and low and behold, two days later they turned up!

Good luck with your application

Sindy
Old Apr 13th 2003, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommejo
I'll do that Monday first thing!
Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2003, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

comerford_helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: All happening sooooooo quickly

Originally posted by gubbin

Hello,
First posting......here goes.
Everything seems to be happening very fast. Sent application off just before Christmas 2002 and had request for medicals and police checks on 21Feb!!! Hadn't even had time to get my head around actually applying. We have had our medicals and have requested police checks but they seem to be taking ages (seems to be longer than whole process so far). At this stage I don't know whether to presume we will get our visa and start planning or just wait till it's 100% confirmed. Can't concentrate on anything and just when I've pushed it to the back of my mind there's a reminder - on TV or just a sticker on a car, that sort of thing. My husband hasn't even told his parents yet!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps we'll just ask them for a lift to the airport?!
Anyway back on track - thinking of Melbourne, any info would be gladly received.
Old Apr 13th 2003, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

comerford_helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Hi, we are in a very similar postion to yourselves, we are just waiting for Police checks, which I am going to chase tomorrow as we have had to get an extension from Adelaide. we are being sponsored as well and heading for Melbourne all being well!!

Do you have any idea once the police checks are in how long for the PR Visa to be supplied!
Old Apr 13th 2003, 3:45 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: All happening sooooooo quickly

[ My husband hasn't even told his parents yet!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps we'll just ask them for a lift to the airport?!

Do it as soon as you can. I waited too long to tell mine. The longer you put it off the harder it gets. Also the harder it is for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.