Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For All The Football Ladies!!

For All The Football Ladies!!

Old May 21st 2005, 2:14 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Default For All The Football Ladies!!

In my opinion, for what it is worth, Football is a game, not of 2 halves, but of who has the most money!

How boring does it get when every year the same teams are seen going up and the following year they come down! ie Ipswich, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Norwich.............

Now then, how about, all teams have the same amount of money at the beginning of every season, every player is worth the same amount of money. Therefore, the game becomes a game of skill and equality!

And one final thing, there should be more female managers and referees! Bloody hell, I know that if I was a male player I would be determined to do my best rather than get nagged by the female following me round the pitch with her whistle, cards & PMT :scared: And as for the one stood at the sidelines waiting to tell me what for at half time!!

I am posting this now because I know that half the male population will be watching the FA cup and the females left looking through the forum will whole heartedly agree!

Jayne

UP THE HAMMERS
Old May 21st 2005, 2:56 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For All The Football Ladies!!

I am posting this now because I know that half the male population will be watching the FA cup and the females left looking through the forum will whole heartedly agree!

Jayne

UP THE HAMMERS [/QUOTE]

Seeing as you've had no replies before half time does that mean that it is only the men only look at footie posts?
Anne
Old May 21st 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

OK... i'll answer, but the truth is i AM a soccer (footie) fan and i'm only answering coz its halftime!! I am sitting in front of the box 12.30am here in Adelaide and i got to go to work in the morning
Old May 21st 2005, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Your mistake there was to mention football in the title. So no woman will read it, and the men are all watching the footie!!

Oh, toilet break time is nearly over gotta go

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Your mistake there was to mention football in the title. So no woman will read it, and the men are all watching the footie!!

Oh, toilet break time is nearly over gotta go

JTL
Last time I looked, I was a woman and I AM watching the football. I am lining my son up as next man u goalie as by god they need one!!
Anne
Old May 21st 2005, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I am lining my son up as next man u goalie as by god they need one!!
Anne

Does he have any hand/eye/ball co-ordination? And good reflexes?

If so, ManU won't want him!

Try Arsenal, they're quite keen on good goalies, and are quite in need of one at the moment.

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 4:06 pm

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Try Arsenal, they're quite keen on good goalies, and are quite in need of one at the moment.

JTL
I thought Lehmann (or whatever his name is) Arsenals Goalie has been FAB!! Seeing as UTD have had more attempts at goal, he has successfully stopped them all - Roll on the penalties!

Jayne

Footie Fan!! And loving it!
Old May 21st 2005, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
I thought Lehmann (or whatever his name is) Arsenals Goalie has been FAB!! Seeing as UTD have had more attempts at goal, he has successfully stopped them all - Roll on the penalties!

Jayne

Footie Fan!! And loving it!
Yeah, he has been good today.

But not consistant. He's a Bruce Grobbelar. Brilliant when he wants to be.

This is getting to painfull to watch, and its 2:15am here!!! I've gotta go collapse in bed soon.

Please don't go to penalties

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 4:19 pm

JTL
He is 12 years old, 5 foot 7 and is the best goalie in the Surrey Primary League, or so I have been told by several parents and managers, including opposition.
Old May 21st 2005, 4:38 pm

He is 12 years old, 5 foot 7 and is the best goalie in the Surrey Primary League, or so I have been told by several parents and managers, including opposition.
But unlike Grobbellar, he has obviously not been paid to miss a save

Hubby can't watch - gone back to work! And he's a Hammer

Jayne
Old May 21st 2005, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds promising. Keep him at it, especially if he's good at it and enjoys it.

Goalies need to be quite bossy as well too ( I was one, but I was rubbish!)

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

I am very sorry but I don't agree with the OP at all.

How do you think that would work then???

Are you honestly saying that Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) is worth or should be worth the same amount of money as Lee Bowyer (Newcastle).

I think football is a great game aimed at men & women, but the last thing a footballer wants to see on a pitch is some woman with a whistle!

It would spoil the game. The game needs no improvement at all & if the same teams are being promoted or are in the playoffs year in year out then they are obviously doing somthing right (and good on them for trying). They cant all stay in the Premiership.

Sarah, A football lover.
Old May 22nd 2005, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi,

I am very sorry but I don't agree with the OP at all.

How do you think that would work then???

Are you honestly saying that Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) is worth or should be worth the same amount of money as Lee Bowyer (Newcastle).

I think football is a great game aimed at men & women, but the last thing a footballer wants to see on a pitch is some woman with a whistle!

It would spoil the game. The game needs no improvement at all & if the same teams are being promoted or are in the playoffs year in year out then they are obviously doing somthing right (and good on them for trying). They cant all stay in the Premiership.

Sarah, A football lover.

I was only joking - women on a football pitch!!?? God forbid! They wouldn't be able to keep up!

Jayne