Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All flights in the UK grounded until further notice

All flights in the UK grounded until further notice

Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All flights in the UK grounded until further notice

I'm supposed to by flying back next Saturday. Hopefully it will be all over by then. Am expecting the plane to be packed though.

If it's still going on, I'll just keep enjoying this lovely spring weather till it's all sorted.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 7:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I'm supposed to by flying back next Saturday. Hopefully it will be all over by then. Am expecting the plane to be packed though.

If it's still going on, I'll just keep enjoying this lovely spring weather till it's all sorted.
Gorgeous here at present isn't it? Stranded in London in the April sunshne, what a hardship!!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 7:27 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
Very true Polly!

I just hope employers are understanding about all this and no one looses their jobs!
Very ironic that I can't get back to a job in disaster managemet due to a disaster!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody, we're supposed to be moving to Melbourne on Friday, moving out of our rental on Thursday, and all our white goods and tv have been sold and are being collected on Wednesday night. Our car is also sold and being collected on Thursday morning, now we don't know when we'lll be able to fly, so nowhere to stay no car etc aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh starting to panice me thinks.

Al and Jacque
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:54 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think you might be on to something but incidents like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_9
have made the authorities ultra-cautious.
Eric Moody flew through the plume at night (couldn't see it and it was not forecast). That's entirely different from a "dust cloud" a thousand miles away from the volcano - aircraft are flying through those on a daily basis without any effect.

The problem now is that, having declared that *any* dust is dangerous, someone somewhere will have to make the decision that it is not.

Having said that:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-volcanic.html

it doesn't say where in the dust the aircraft flew though.

Last edited by Wol; Apr 18th 2010 at 8:57 am.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:17 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Dutch and German airlines are beginning to test out flights and check planes for damage. Preliminary reports are positive

Link
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by comet10
Im meant to be flying out with Singapore airlines tomorrow from Heathrow and have a gut feeling i will not be on the plane!!

My husband has already been out in Queensland for past 2 weeks and i was meant to be joining him to start our new life together!!
Everything is now on hold and very ( understatement!!) frustrating. Cant even plan when im going to get out there!!

Anyone else in the same position??!!!
Was due to fly out Monday to Singapore then to Brisbane now going a week later we hope.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:56 am
Home and Happy

For anyone with visa issues.
http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/n...isruptions.htm
Old Apr 18th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Hi All

We are out here on our reccie (in the Gold Coast). Been out here 5 weeks and were due to fly home today but after finally getting through to Qantas today have been given a new flight date of 4th May!!!! Hmmm would like to get home to feed the cats (luckily have fab friends/neighbours) but can think of worse places to be stranded!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

comet10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by graham wade
Was due to fly out Monday to Singapore then to Brisbane now going a week later we hope.
Ive rebooked for 22nd April, not getting my hopes up too high, but got everything crossed!!!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by comet10
Ive rebooked for 22nd April, not getting my hopes up too high, but got everything crossed!!!
Just seen the news there might be some positive news tomorrow
Old Apr 18th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by graham wade

Just seen the news there might be some positive news tomorrow
OMG that would be so good I was supposed to fly home to Brisbane last Thursday, had rebooked for Monday cancelled again and now hopefully for Thursday! Just keeps looking more and more unlikely. No idea of whether Ive even got a job to go back to as employer hasnt responded to any emails/calls

There is just no way of getting back..even looked at Oz Bus takes 92 days!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Gorgeous here at present isn't it? Stranded in London in the April sunshne, what a hardship!!
Can I hitch a ride back with you on the old broomstick?!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:05 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Speargun
Can I hitch a ride back with you on the old broomstick?!
Well l did go looking for a new one this week...
Attached Thumbnails All flights in the UK grounded until further notice-alex-4-003.jpg   All flights in the UK grounded until further notice-alex-4-004.jpg  
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well l did go looking for a new one this week...
ha ha thats so good!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.