Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To all chefs who have made it to the other side!!!!!!

To all chefs who have made it to the other side!!!!!!

Old May 17th 2006, 10:33 am
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future
Default To all chefs who have made it to the other side!!!!!!

Hi,

My husband is a chef and we are flying out on 7th June and he is obviously taking his knives in the suitcase for when he starts work. We just wanted to know what the procedure was regarding declaring them etc... and making the airline aware why we have them. We phoned Singapore Airlines and the lady there said that the airline do not have a problem with them being carried, but I would like to know exactly what happens if poss.

Any help please!!!

Emma
Old May 17th 2006, 11:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To all chefs who have made it to the other side!!!!!!

Hi Emma

I bought my knives with me, (ex chef here) and they were in their roll, in our case, which I locked (but it then went through a 'security check' where it was prob xrayed). It was in the hold. I didn't declare them but at xray, I was asked what they were for so I answered, 'cooking' and that was that.
Old May 17th 2006, 11:33 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To all chefs who have made it to the other side!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ginger1002
Hi,

My husband is a chef and we are flying out on 7th June and he is obviously taking his knives in the suitcase for when he starts work. We just wanted to know what the procedure was regarding declaring them etc... and making the airline aware why we have them. We phoned Singapore Airlines and the lady there said that the airline do not have a problem with them being carried, but I would like to know exactly what happens if poss.

Any help please!!!

Emma
We fly with Singapore Airlines on Saturday 27th May from Manchester (WOOHOO) and have been told by the airline to places them in the hold bagage, making the check-in staff aware of them.

Claire
x