Reload this Page >

To all Brits in Adelaide!

To all Brits in Adelaide!

Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

smilesoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To all Brits in Adelaide!

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
I will keep you informed of any developments in our application.

And as for the highlighted..............http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...hazwishes1.gif Now were talking just what I like to hear....

Will look forward to it for sure http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...07/13_4_91.gif

Keep in touch

Dougie http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...m_so_happy.gif
Yes KIT and good luck with everything.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

MRS G will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by smilesoz
I wld PM u if I knew how to do it! I can hardly reply on this, never know which reply button to use? Wot gym u go 2, I go Burnside Goodlife.Nine months, good greif you must be going insane I try to go on a boogie quaterly! That works out to be four times a yr. not too much but just enuf to remind me I am not cut out for hangovers. I never seem to remember that before a night out tho!
I go to a boxing gym twice a week in Underdale. It's a good workout! I am not cut out for hangovers either, especially when you have the kids to look after

If you scroll the mouse over my it will give you an option to send a private message.

Oh, and btw I am Scottish not English.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

Hi Guys!

Me and my partner have just moved to Adelaide too (been here about 3 weeks). We're settled in right near the beach in Semaphore so a bit further away from the city than the rest of you but if you arrange a night out or a day at the beach or anything then i'd love to come too!

There's a section on here called 'meet ups in Oz' or something like that, so it might be worth posting your plans on there once you've decided on them and then others in Adelaide may see it and join you too

Natalie
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by natalieml
Hi Guys!

Me and my partner have just moved to Adelaide too (been here about 3 weeks). We're settled in right near the beach in Semaphore so a bit further away from the city than the rest of you but if you arrange a night out or a day at the beach or anything then i'd love to come too!

There's a section on here called 'meet ups in Oz' or something like that, so it might be worth posting your plans on there once you've decided on them and then others in Adelaide may see it and join you too

Natalie
Hi Natalie,

Are you by any chance going to the Academy? Semaphore is a gr8 beach we stayed there too for two weeks on arrival. Perhaps me and rugrats cld come and see you sometime. Didnt know abt the meet ups will check it out, thanks. Welcome to Adelaide, do u need any help with anything?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

What's the Academy??

Would be great to meet up. Maybe when the weathers nicer you fancy a trip to the beach with your kids?

I think we're ok at the moment but thanks for offering. I'm just going through the hard slog of attempting to find a job at the moment which i'm REALLY not enjoying!

Hope to meet up soon

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

i am always up for a meet up

although we are not in adelaide just yet ... but hopefully very soon!
we are in the process of selling our house and should exchange any day

so sept/oct should be IT!!!

and woodcroft is our prefered location too

oh and we've got 2 monsters of 5yrs and 3yrs! - so i know how it is to be stuck at home
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by natalieml
What's the Academy??

Would be great to meet up. Maybe when the weathers nicer you fancy a trip to the beach with your kids?

I think we're ok at the moment but thanks for offering. I'm just going through the hard slog of attempting to find a job at the moment which i'm REALLY not enjoying!

Hope to meet up soon

Apparently the job agencies are quite good, I have not worked since being here but my kids are slowly driving me in that direction! Happy hunting and KIT x
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mOZzy
i am always up for a meet up

although we are not in adelaide just yet ... but hopefully very soon!
we are in the process of selling our house and should exchange any day

so sept/oct should be IT!!!

and woodcroft is our prefered location too

oh and we've got 2 monsters of 5yrs and 3yrs! - so i know how it is to be stuck at home
Hello mozzy monsters!

Good luck on hse exc. all stressy stuff. Hope 2 see u all soon.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I am heading out that way next year hopefully
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

janice1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: To all Brits in Adelaide!

Originally Posted by smilesoz
Hi Ladies!

This is all very new to me and a complete first! I have been in Adelaide for 20 months and have settled very well with my family (3 kids aged 3,8,10 and hubby) and we all love it here! I truly miss English humour and would like to meet more British Expats like myself.

I enjoy days out with kids, girly nights out, dancing, cinema, gym and running, I am good at sunbathing but crap at swimming! Will give any sport a try for a laugh so count me in.
Hi all we are hoping to head out next year and cant wait. Need info on good areas though. We have never been before and have 3 boys 6, 4 and 21mths.Better mention the dog a big St Bernard that is as soft as s...! Any advise would be greatly appreciated and would love to meet up when we arrive.Thanks to eveyone Janice.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:14 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janice1uk
Hi all we are hoping to head out next year and cant wait. Need info on good areas though. We have never been before and have 3 boys 6, 4 and 21mths.Better mention the dog a big St Bernard that is as soft as s...! Any advise would be greatly appreciated and would love to meet up when we arrive.Thanks to eveyone Janice.
Have you sorted travel for the dog yet ?

I have researched the cost involved touching 3k

Thats for real !

But on a lighter note you could always opt for the cheaper option...........

Dougie
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

janice1uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Have you sorted travel for the dog yet ?

I have researched the cost involved touching 3k

Thats for real !

But on a lighter note you could always opt for the cheaper option...........

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...gwithwings.jpg

Dougie
we have had two quote and they were a mile apart 1st £3500 and then £6500 do you think those suit come in x large with boosters to at least get the dog off the ground she weighs around 70k Great photo though. Who have you had quotes from?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:36 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janice1uk
we have had two quote and they were a mile apart 1st £3500 and then £6500 do you think those suit come in x large with boosters to at least get the dog off the ground she weighs around 70k Great photo though. Who have you had quotes from?
Never had an actual quote but have sifted through loads of threads on here about different people that have taken over a whole variety of different dogs / cats etc and took my prices from there experiences

However luckly my mum is a professional dog trainer, has always had a minimum of three dogs on the go and my dad dotes on our mutly so I know we'll be leaving here in good hands !

HERE'S our Ceri

There is another thread on here a while back that I posted on relating to animal immigration but the sites 'search' feature doesn't seem to be working at the minute

Dougie