Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All booked and really excited! Anyone else going 23rd October?

All booked and really excited! Anyone else going 23rd October?

Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future
Default All booked and really excited! Anyone else going 23rd October?

Hi

I would like to spread the news that we have now booked our flights to Brisbane, stopping off in Singapore for 3 days. We are flying with Singapore airlines and are travelling from Manchester.

This is all 18 months after sending off our TRA application! I can't believe that we are now actually going. It seemed so surreal to have actually booked the flights and accommodation etc.

So much to do so little time!!

I was just wondering if anyone else was going the same day as us.

We are looking at Varsity Lakes or Robina altho have not ruled out other areas. Theres only so much research you can do on areas and schools. Until you are there and seeing the places its a difficult decision to make.

If anyone would like to meet up when we eventually get there then please let me know.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their visas or for their house to sell.

Clare
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default Re: All booked and really excited! Anyone else going 23rd October?

Hi Clare,
We leave on 4th oct and are looking at the same area's as you , i think that you have been in touch with my OH in the past so it will be good to stay in touch and meet up for a beer or coffee on the other side.
Good luck
Gary
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Hi Clare,
We leave on 4th oct and are looking at the same area's as you , i think that you have been in touch with my OH in the past so it will be good to stay in touch and meet up for a beer or coffee on the other side.
Good luck
Gary
Hi Gary

Yes I have been in touch with Claire before and it would be really nice to meet up with you and your family. Are you getting nervous. Its not long now is it. Are you all organised with packers sorted etc? Just out of interest, where are you staying when you arrive?
Clare
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

We are staying at the Burleigh surf apartments for the first week and they have been recommended to us, we are all sold up and living with my parents which is going well,we have our things in storage and will be shipped out next week. We both have nervous moments as well as times when we are excited which i think is a healthy way to be,Claire is visiting friends and family at the moment and we are having a party in a couple of weeks time so all is good here. We also know other people that are going to the same area in the next 6 months that are very nice and easy to get along with.
Speak soon,Gary
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bump....

Surely there must be more people going on 23rd October.... is there anyone out there? LOL