Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it all that bad??

Is it all that bad??

Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

tessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant future
Default Is it all that bad??

Been reading a lot of the updates - and now im scared stupid about going out! My fiance and I are leaving on July 1st for Perth, but now im in a complete state about it! Im really scared that I will be homesick, like iv read on so many of these posts, and that its a huge mistake? We have no family or friends out there either. I hope this is just last minute nerves. I do think we are making the right decision, im just scared at us going alone I guess...

xx
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all
Default Re: Is it all that bad??

just think of the hundreds of people that no longer post on BE as they are happy that they made the move!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:47 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tessabella
Been reading a lot of the updates - and now im scared stupid about going out! My fiance and I are leaving on July 1st for Perth, but now im in a complete state about it! Im really scared that I will be homesick, like iv read on so many of these posts, and that its a huge mistake? We have no family or friends out there either. I hope this is just last minute nerves. I do think we are making the right decision, im just scared at us going alone I guess...

xx
It's normal to get the jitters. Time will tell if you like it or not. Remember that the majority do.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Onthemove2008 will become famous soon enoughOnthemove2008 will become famous soon enough

xx

Hi Tes,

i am just starting the whole moving thing so i cant really help you, but i just wanted to say i will be going and i dont know any one out there either in Perth, you will be fine, lucky you i say! enjoy and let us know when you arrive
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

tessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant futuretessabella has a brilliant future

Thanks guys - its like an emotional rollercoaster right now!!xx
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:48 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

We're flying out at the end of June and we've changed jobs and schools so could be worse.

At the end of the day, you can always say you gave it a go. No-one says you have to stay forever. You can come home whenever you like.

I think if you DON'T go, you'll always wonder.....
Best of luck though
Irish Gal
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

xx[/QUOTE]

Flying to Perth tomorrow- will let you know how it is -lol.

I need a lie down now, my heads throbbing..

Dave
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Thanks guys - its like an emotional rollercoaster right now!!xx
Just want to say we arrived in January with 2 kids 10 & 8 and didn't know anyone either. Hubby got a bit homesick but I havent even thought of going back. Just take one day at a time and enjoy the experience.

Sandra
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Onthemove2008 will become famous soon enoughOnthemove2008 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sandav
Just want to say we arrived in January with 2 kids 10 & 8 and didn't know anyone either. Hubby got a bit homesick but I havent even thought of going back. Just take one day at a time and enjoy the experience.

Sandra
Where did you go to?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

just remeber there are good things and bad things about comming over. Give yourself a year to adjust, dont get fed up the first 6months and go back to the UK.

Some things are worse, some are better, others are just different. Be prepared to realise that you dont know how the world works over here and will need to relearn it
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Onthemove2008
Where did you go to?

Sorry meant to say we are in Safety Bay near Rockingham. Kids all settled in school and love it. They have said there is no way they are going back to Ireland so that is telling us.

Sandra
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

dave wood will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mindblower
xx
Flying to Perth tomorrow- will let you know how it is -lol.

I need a lie down now, my heads throbbing..

Dave[/QUOTE]

Good luck Dave,we fly to Brisbane on 23rd.Had two offers on house this week but can't decide.
Bon Voyage
Other Oldham Dave
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
It's normal to get the jitters. Time will tell if you like it or not. Remember that the majority do.
I know how you feel, we are planning to move to Perth too, we have never been to Australia and have no family out there! Try not to worry too much, take each day as it comes and think of it as an adventure, im sure you will be fine once you settle in. I am prepared for it to take time for us to adjust as lots of things are going to be different to the UK (not sure what yet though). If you dont do it would you always be wondering .....what if????
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonn
I know how you feel, we are planning to move to Perth too, we have never been to Australia and have no family out there! Try not to worry too much, take each day as it comes and think of it as an adventure, im sure you will be fine once you settle in. I am prepared for it to take time for us to adjust as lots of things are going to be different to the UK (not sure what yet though). If you dont do it would you always be wondering .....what if????
we came, knew no one.... never been to anywhere in Au ... still here 10 months on...
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:16 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived in Perth nearly 7 months ago. Didn't know anyone. Neither of us has been homesick. We love it out here. Too busy enjoying ourselves to write an update.

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.