Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All aboard the rollercoaster express.....

All aboard the rollercoaster express.....

Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face All aboard the rollercoaster express.....

Here we were...thinking just how lucky we were....the visa application is sent.....the house sale all on track.....the tickets booked to fly out on the 14th Sept......only 5 weeks tomorrow.....the leaving party went off with a bang!!.....shippers here boxing up our measly 25 cubes of general "stuff".....

"ring....ring....ring"......Phone call.....its the Estate Agent....

"Hi Helen....just calling to say your buyers have had their Mortgage Offer through......The house has been valued at full asking price........However, there were a few points on the survey, one of the double glazed windows needs replacing....and the electricals needs some attention.........

The buyers do not wish to proceed with the sale!!"

I am now officially in Melt Down mode.........
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:42 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All aboard the rollercoaster express.....

What complete cr@p for you? They don't even want to consider the 'faults' being rectified for the sale to go ahead? Either sounds like they want an excuse not to buy or starting to play a game of what can we get knocked off the price. Either way not good.

Hopefully you get some good news soon - another post to add to the 'why I am not looking forward to selling the house'
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:02 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hels
Here we were...thinking just how lucky we were....the visa application is sent.....the house sale all on track.....the tickets booked to fly out on the 14th Sept......only 5 weeks tomorrow.....the leaving party went off with a bang!!.....shippers here boxing up our measly 25 cubes of general "stuff".....

"Hi Helen....just calling to say your buyers have had their Mortgage Offer through......The house has been valued at full asking price........However, there were a few points on the survey, one of the double glazed windows needs replacing....and the electricals needs some attention.........

What a nightmare.

Fingers crossed you sell to a nice buyer soon

Good luck
Kala
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Just had mine valued this morning.

Not sure I can do with all the hassle.

Good luck everyone

G
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

That's shite flower.
Did they know why you are selling ?
Whether they did or not, my uncle has a shotgun and we would be more than willing to " encourage " said buyers into proceeding with house sale.

Hopefully, it's just scare tactics, if not we hope you get a decent buyer soon.

There's a certain stage of the process whereby if the buyer pulls out you get their deposit. I can't remember now when it is but it was put in place to stop people messing you about.Either you get the deposit or the date needs changing.

Paul.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
That's shite flower.
There's a certain stage of the process whereby if the buyer pulls out you get their deposit. I can't remember now when it is but it was put in place to stop people messing you about.Either you get the deposit or the date needs changing.

Paul.
Buyer is tied financially (to a deposit) when you exchange contracts. It's taken us about 10 weeks to get to exchange stage on our sale.....the time in limbo is fraught...you just pray that the chain doesnt collapse!

Sorry to hear your nightmare Hels. This house buying/selling lark is a pain and soooo stressful. Hope someone else turns up to buy soon. Keep smilin/screaming!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

That's awful -really feel for you.
It's terrible how one phone call can throw you upside down and inside out.

All fingers and toes crossed that all will turn out well-sure it will
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:50 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: All aboard the rollercoaster express.....

Oh dear! I'm really sorry to hear that!
It's amazing to me how easy it is for house buyers to back out in the UK.

Here's hoping that you get another buyer pronto!! Fingers crossed for you, Hun!

Siren
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the replies, everyone.....Your wishes definatly help.

Paul.....Petal, if you wouldnt mind, you best put your Uncle on a retainer, you just never know!!

This has all happened just 3 weeks before the agreed completion date of the 3rd September. We were ready to exchange contracts any day....
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:22 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hels that's awful, know how you feel as it happened to us, all be it briefly. It is absolutley gut wrenching. Sounds like timewasters to me could you not negotiate with them and knock some cash off asking price? Have you put them to that test yet?

Hang in there

Walla
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walla1
Hels that's awful, know how you feel as it happened to us, all be it briefly. It is absolutley gut wrenching. Sounds like timewasters to me could you not negotiate with them and knock some cash off asking price? Have you put them to that test yet?

Hang in there

Walla

Hi Walla,

Yeah, I have talked to the agents and am waiting on a call back now. However, they dont believe that a knock down on price is what she is after because she simply called them, told them what the survey said and told them that she no longer wanted to proceed. Not even a query about the price or anything.

I asked the agent to call her however and put it to her that if we were open to negotiate, would she be interested, so waiting to find out now.

I mean hell, she must have spent hundreds of ££'s at this stage. I dont understand why she would want to pull out at such a late stage...There was no chain or anything and she knew why we were selling, she even knew that we had booked the tickets and when we planned to go....

Selfish cow.............

Sorry.....
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:33 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Walla,

Yeah, I have talked to the agents and am waiting on a call back now. However, they dont believe that a knock down on price is what she is after because she simply called them, told them what the survey said and told them that she no longer wanted to proceed. Not even a query about the price or anything.

I asked the agent to call her however and put it to her that if we were open to negotiate, would she be interested, so waiting to find out now.

I mean hell, she must have spent hundreds of ££'s at this stage. I dont understand why she would want to pull out at such a late stage...There was no chain or anything and she knew why we were selling, she even knew that we had booked the tickets and when we planned to go....

Selfish cow.............

Sorry.....
Hels

No need to apologise for mild expletives!!

I hope the estate agent can pull it off for you, if the buyer knows you're migrating she may be playing a game with you (having you by the short and curlies and all that) but beware she may come back with a request for big chunk off the asking price, selfish cow indeed.

Let us know what happens

Walla
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:25 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Bastards!

I will be in PMS week next week, just don't give me any chocolate and I am confident I will be able to secure a sale for you!!

Seriously, this is not funny, are you with 1 agent only, is it worth signing on with a couple more? It may cost you a bit...maybe worth considering?

Lucy
Old Aug 9th 2004, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI..I know the exact feeling...we were due to complete on sept 1st and they hey presto last weekend..buyers decided after 6 weeks that the price they offered was too high!!!!They know wew are going and are just trying it on..Well we called their bluff..tolsd them OK..Found another buyer on monday so things are back on track..al be it we will be going in October but hey whats a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let the sods grind you down!!!Nothing queer as folk!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 4:25 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Tip of the day: "never tell buyers you are emigrating they will try it on with you" (our estate agent)

We told our buyers we were re locating but where in no hurry, which was true except for the hurry bit .

Walla

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.