aldinga beach

Old Jul 10th 2004, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aldinga beach

hello,
does anyone live at aldinga beach or close by,if so can you tell us what it's like.i've been looking at properties there and they seem quite cheap,i just wondered if there was a reason for this.thanks
Old Jul 11th 2004, 12:43 am
wombat42

Default Re: aldinga beach

Originally posted by malpjc
hello,
does anyone live at aldinga beach or close by,if so can you tell us what it's like.i've been looking at properties there and they seem quite cheap,i just wondered if there was a reason for this.thanks
The reason houses are fairly cheap there is because it is a 45 minute drive to Adelaide or 1 hour by public transport. Most people work in or near Adelaide so it is a fairly long way to
tavel to work each day. l went to Aldinga for a holiday once it is a fairly nice place the beach is Ok, but there are nicer coastal
towns near Adealide such as Victor Harbour, but of course they are more expensive.
If l was moving to Adelaide l would consider Mt.Barker in the Adelaide hills, it has nice scenery, plenty of open spaces an parks,
it has good, fast public transport to Adelaide, the houses are affordable and it is close to the surf beach at Victor Harbour.

Last edited by wombat42; Jul 11th 2004 at 1:10 am.

Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Blue Boy 99 is an unknown quantity at this point

My mother in law lives near enough on Aldinga Beach and I've spent many a happy time there. She's now actually planning to move over to Victoria and one of the main reasons for this is that Aldinga Beach has really gone down hill. You only need to drive around and see the amount of graffiti on the walls to see what I mean. As the southern expressway edges it's way southwards it'c cutting the commuting time to the city. There's not much to do there for kids and they just end up roaming the streets.

I understand there was a public meeting recently and they have now stopped any new building works until the infrastucture improves.

Hopefully it will go back to the way it was. It was a lovely place to visit. Apart from the Aldinga Hotel Bar.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Persoanlly i do not like Aldinga at all. Once you go one street back from beachfront its a dive!

There is a brand new housing estae being built and we went to look as we are thinking of building, but i would not take the chance on doing it there. The new estate might look ok once built but the surrounding area is grubby and very run down. I think its a real shame as the beach is stunning.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re aldinga beach

thanks all,we suspected as much,what a shame.