Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Albany Creek State High School - Opinions

Albany Creek State High School - Opinions

Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Albany Creek State High School - Opinions

G'day folks

We've just returned from our 2 week reccie in Albany Creek, Brisbane and have decided that it's the place for us

Highlights of our trip include:

Wellington Point on New Year's Eve
Mount Cootha at 6am on New Years Day
Bodyboarding at Mooloolaba
Wet and Wild and Surfers Paradise on the GC with the kids on my birthday
Relaxing afternoon at the Albany Creek leisure centre
Boozy bbq's with friends at our holiday home in McDowall
Farewell meal & drinks at the Albany Creek Tavern

Both myself and my OH have secured jobs in the City and in terms of the area, Albany Creek ticks all of the boxes for a family and work friendly place to live

Our only dilemma is whether or not to send our eldest lad (aged 14) to Albany Creek State High or to Wavell Heights

We've heard mainly good stories about ACSH but wondered whether anybody living in the area could give us their opinions 'from the ground'

If anybody wants to ask about Albany Creek and the surrounding areas then please fire away and I'll tell you what I know, based on my own experiences

Cheers
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:40 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice
Default Re: Albany Creek State High School - Opinions

When I return to Brisbane Albany State High is where I will be sending my daughter. When I lived in Brisbane previously my son attended the school for a year and I was very pleased with it. I have friends who still have children in the school and they are doing very well.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Originally Posted by tictac
G'day folks

We've just returned from our 2 week reccie in Albany Creek, Brisbane and have decided that it's the place for us

Highlights of our trip include:

Wellington Point on New Year's Eve
Mount Cootha at 6am on New Years Day
Bodyboarding at Mooloolaba
Wet and Wild and Surfers Paradise on the GC with the kids on my birthday
Relaxing afternoon at the Albany Creek leisure centre
Boozy bbq's with friends at our holiday home in McDowall
Farewell meal & drinks at the Albany Creek Tavern

Both myself and my OH have secured jobs in the City and in terms of the area, Albany Creek ticks all of the boxes for a family and work friendly place to live

Our only dilemma is whether or not to send our eldest lad (aged 14) to Albany Creek State High or to Wavell Heights

We've heard mainly good stories about ACSH but wondered whether anybody living in the area could give us their opinions 'from the ground'

If anybody wants to ask about Albany Creek and the surrounding areas then please fire away and I'll tell you what I know, based on my own experiences

Cheers
Hi Tictac
our 14 year old daughter is at Albany Creek State High, she loves it there, the curriculum is good, the teachers know what they are doing and the pupils seem mostly well presented and well behaved. She's just gone into Year 9 as we kept her back a year when we came over 2 and a half years ago. Wavell High has a bit of a reputation to be honest, so says one of our friends who lives close to it!
Hope this helps
Rach x
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:44 am
Just Joined

QLD4061 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you return to Albany Creek check out the newly refurbished Albany Forest shopping centre. It is where the Woolworths is and if you are looking for a great hairdressing salon there is a new one opening hopefully mid/end of April. At least one stylist is from London Toni & Guy, and the owner another ex-pat. Have a look when you get back to Brisbane.

Sorry can't help you with the school, but Albany Creek is a nice suburb with a friendly, family atmosphere.

Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info

Yes, I'm in need of a soft perm a la Kevin Keegan in the 80's, so I'll be sure to check out the salon

Cheers