British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Alas poor Baldbutts! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/alas-poor-baldbutts-118580/)

Don Nov 22nd 2002 2:26 pm

Alas poor Baldbutts!

Alas, poor Baldbutts! I knew him, Tipper:
a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?

Come back Baldus Buttus! We miss ya!

Don Nov 22nd 2002 5:18 pm

O Baldbutts, Baldbutts wherefore art thou Baldbutts?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name!
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Just joking about the love.

baldbutts Nov 22nd 2002 5:48 pm

Shall I compare thee to a Summers day-hot,sticky,surrounded by flies,& making me sweat!

Sorry for the unannounced abscence,I was called to Germany to be a stunt double for Michael Jacksons baby.Apparently,I had a lucky escape,cos I heard that he doesn't usually dangle kids,he tosses 'em off!

While I was there,I thought I'd look up PREAD-would you believe it,he's emigrated.Where did that come from,he didn't even announce it here!

Right,let's get back to our usual informative stuff-& cheers the family Pleasance,it's nice to be missed.

BB-Tipper Ripper Roo -where are you ?

Ginny Nov 22nd 2002 10:03 pm

Originally posted by baldbutts
Shall I compare thee to a Summers day-hot,sticky,surrounded by flies,& making me sweat!

Sorry for the unannounced abscence,I was called to Germany to be a stunt double for Michael Jacksons baby.Apparently,I had a lucky escape,cos I heard that he doesn't usually dangle kids,he tosses 'em off!

While I was there,I thought I'd look up PREAD-would you believe it,he's emigrated.Where did that come from,he didn't even announce it here!

Right,let's get back to our usual informative stuff-& cheers the family Pleasance,it's nice to be missed.

BB-Tipper Ripper Roo -where are you ?

Hello there,

I was trying to think of something theatrical to say but to try and follow in yer footsteps was near impossible so I'll just stick with saying it's good to see yer back. I'm needing cheering up again!!

Ginny and family.

:rolleyes:

jeannie Nov 23rd 2002 2:56 am

Originally posted by Ginny
Hello there,

I was trying to think of something theatrical to say but to try and follow in yer footsteps was near impossible so I'll just stick with saying it's good to see yer back. I'm needing cheering up again!!

Ginny and family.

:rolleyes:

Ginny I see your in Scotland, tell me is the weather really bad in Winter? I am thinking of going to see my sister but I wanted to see Scotland as well, she said Its a great place but only in spring and summer do you think she is right ??????? :)

Ginny Nov 23rd 2002 7:25 am

Originally posted by jeannie
Ginny I see your in Scotland, tell me is the weather really bad in Winter? I am thinking of going to see my sister but I wanted to see Scotland as well, she said Its a great place but only in spring and summer do you think she is right ??????? :)

Hi there,

I'm on the East coast and by all accounts it is a bit drier, but colder than the West coast. Take yesterday here in Dundee. It started off VERY Wet, then went to dry and even sunny then went to torrential with a few hailstones thrown in for good measure and as for this morning, I ain't looking!

On another note if you are well wrapped up you can find that there is a lot to do and there are some wonderful sights.

It's certainly a place that I wouldn't miss out but don't expect too much and bring your brolley!

Ginny

Don Nov 23rd 2002 4:40 pm

An oldy but a goldie (and a baldie!) --- Baldbutts is back in town, Hooraaaaah! Where's Tipper me lad?

pread Nov 24th 2002 12:53 pm

Baldbutts,

Yeah, sorry about that. I did have the leaving details in my profile settings that showed up to the left of all my postings though. In my defence, I was a little busy at the time...

I haven't posted much on the site since I arrived, partly because I had a slow laptop and dialup connection, and partly because I got fed up reading the same old crap from you-know-who. I'm still taking care of moderation duties when I get notified though.

Cheers for now,
Paul.

Originally posted by baldbutts