Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Alan C Please impart your wisdom!

Alan C Please impart your wisdom!

Old Oct 11th 2002, 12:11 pm
shellypuss

Question Alan C Please impart your wisdom!

Dear Alan, Or indeed anyone who can shed light.

How long should I leave it before chasing up Adelaide. I do not want to p**s them off.

Medicals etc arrived in Adelaide 20th Sept - and are now with caes officer - being processed under STNI.

Our agent said it should only be a matter of 5-6 weeks from this point but for alot of reasons am seriously starting to doubt his judgement. I do not want to phone after six weeks if this is not the case.

Could this be a reasonable time scale or is he just talking arse!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Shelly

Old Oct 11th 2002, 10:18 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alan C Please impart your wisdom!

Hello Shelly.

It would be inappropriate to second guess your agent ... that said the timeframe looks about right to me.

Best regards.

Originally posted by shellypuss:
Dear Alan, Or indeed anyone who can shed light.

How long should I leave it before chasing up Adelaide. I do not want to p**s them off.

Medicals etc arrived in Adelaide 20th Sept - and are now with caes officer - being processed under STNI.

Our agent said it should only be a matter of 5-6 weeks from this point but for alot of reasons am seriously starting to doubt his judgement. I do not want to phone after six weeks if this is not the case.

Could this be a reasonable time scale or is he just talking arse!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Shelly
Old Oct 12th 2002, 10:01 pm
shellypuss

Default Re: Alan C Please impart your wisdom!

Dear Alan,

Thanks very much for that.

Regards,

Shelly

Old Oct 25th 2002, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Alan C Please impart your wisdom!

Hi Shelly - have you heard anything yet? I'm also awaiting reply to medicals. I'd love to pick up the phone and ring Adelaide. My docs arrived in Adelaide on the 24th Sept.

Alan - thank you for your advice. I finally managed to get the hang of this forum and post my replies :-) Should I consider the 5-6 weeks timeframe also for me, even though I am not on STNI?

Thanks to all and take care
Old Nov 10th 2002, 7:42 pm
shellypuss

Dear sylvie,

unfortunately have still not heard anything - our med rec'd in Adelaide on 20th Sept

I know your enquiry about the six weeks was directed at Alan but I am 99% sure that the 5 - 6 weeks only applies to STNI but even that timespan has been and gone for us.

Please let me know how you get on and I will keep you posted on our progress.

Good luck,

Shelly

Old Nov 10th 2002, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shelly,

Things have changed since my last posting. My sponsor (a cousin) was asked to lodge the bond (for assurance of support). A few days later I received an e-mail from my case officer - it was the pre-grant letter!

She asked me if any circumstances had changed and also she required details as to which AHC I'd like to have my visa evidenced...........

so this must be it and I am now very eager to hear/receive some news.

Hope yours gets to you soon.

I'll keep you posted. I've already updated my timeline.

Good luck,
Sylvie.