Alan C.

Old Oct 25th 2002, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Alan C.

Hi Alan - today we got the news that my husband has been accepted at the Uni. of Melbourne. We applied for our PR visa in Jan. 02 and submitted med.+ police checks in September. Would you please tell us if hubby can apply for a student visa until we receive our PR?
What if we're already in Melbourne on a SV and our Pr is issued - what then?

Thank you for all the advice you give to us members.
Old Oct 26th 2002, 12:22 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alan C.

Hello Sylvie.

I don't foresee any problems applying for a student visa - but make sure you tell DIMIA in Adelaide what is going on so they don't treat your new application as superseding your skilled application.

When your permanent visa is ready to be granted you will need to be outside Australia (as things stand presently) => you will need to plan a trip to (say) Auckland or Singapore with a trip to the Australian Consulate included in your itinerary.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by sylvie
Hi Alan - today we got the news that my husband has been accepted at the Uni. of Melbourne. We applied for our PR visa in Jan. 02 and submitted med.+ police checks in September. Would you please tell us if hubby can apply for a student visa until we receive our PR?
What if we're already in Melbourne on a SV and our Pr is issued - what then?

Thank you for all the advice you give to us members.
Old Oct 26th 2002, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your advice. We're feeling shaky about this student visa business. We've done our PR application on our own so far but we feel we need to go via an agent as regards the student visa. Would you take our case on for application of SV? I'll be sending you an e-mail with all our details via your website. In the meantime pls let me know if you can take on our case.

Thanks, Syl.
Old Oct 26th 2002, 7:25 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sylvie.

We will be delighted to help. I'll wait for your email ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by sylvie
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your advice. We're feeling shaky about this student visa business. We've done our PR application on our own so far but we feel we need to go via an agent as regards the student visa. Would you take our case on for application of SV? I'll be sending you an e-mail with all our details via your website. In the meantime pls let me know if you can take on our case.

Thanks, Syl.