Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AJ moving to Australia

AJ moving to Australia

Old Sep 25th 2014, 10:35 am
Just Joined

AJ__187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile AJ moving to Australia

Hi all, my name is Alex and I am moving to Australia in early November flying in to Brisbane on a working holiday visa. I am a 22yo male from Staffordshire, England.

Got a few questions:

Has anyone any good recommendations on manual labour and sport travel insurance as ill be working out on farms all being well?

How is the medical care in Australia? I must take tablets for a medical condition and in the UK I receive them on the NHS. I was wondering if I could receive the same treatment in Australia free of charge?

Any recommendations of where to stay in Brisbane?

Any recommendations of which banks to go with?

Many thanks

AJ

(Nickname AJ)
Old Sep 25th 2014, 11:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AJ moving to Australia

Hi AJ and welcome to BE

As you are here on a holiday, not sure what the medicare arrangements are. I would guess that you can get emergency treatment coming from the UK but would guess that you are going to be paying for tablets. You might be able to bring some with you though - quick google says not more than 3 months worth at maximum dose.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 11:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AJ moving to Australia

Originally Posted by AJ__187
Hi all, my name is Alex and I am moving to Australia in early November flying in to Brisbane on a working holiday visa. I am a 22yo male from Staffordshire, England.

Got a few questions:

Has anyone any good recommendations on manual labour and sport travel insurance as ill be working out on farms all being well?

How is the medical care in Australia? I must take tablets for a medical condition and in the UK I receive them on the NHS. I was wondering if I could receive the same treatment in Australia free of charge?

Any recommendations of where to stay in Brisbane?

Any recommendations of which banks to go with?

Many thanks

AJ

(Nickname AJ)
Hi AJ - I can only answer your question re prescription medicines. Your prescription medicine won't be free, but as long as your medication is on the Prescription Benefits Schedule it will be subsidised by the Australian government's health system (Medicare), which means you won't pay the full cost. What you'll pay for your PBS subsidised medication varies according to the medication, but an average would be around $35 per prescription.