Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Airport (Melbourne) to inital accomadation???

Airport (Melbourne) to inital accomadation???

Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:25 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road
Default Airport (Melbourne) to inital accommodation???

How did you get from the airport to your inital accommodation when you arrived in Oz?

We will be coming into melbourne with loads of bags & two (tired) children, we have no relatives out there so will not be met at the airport.

I presume we can get a Taxi minibus at the airport to our accommodation, which will be large enough for the family & luggage or rent a Van / minibus for a few days.

Any good advice or experiances?

Stu

Last edited by bert-doozer; Jan 11th 2005 at 11:39 pm. Reason: spelling!!!! Dooooooh
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:29 am
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Airport (Melbourne) to inital accomadation???

Stu,

Am sure you can arrange taxi before you leave or once you get there. Pm melhelpinghand, i am sure he will be of some assistance.

Kate

ps if you get stuck i am sure i can help arrange something for you, its not nice to arrive all alone.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:38 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Originally Posted by katyjoy
Stu,

Am sure you can arrange taxi before you leave or once you get there. Pm melhelpinghand, i am sure he will be of some assistance.

Kate

ps if you get stuck i am sure i can help arrange something for you, its not nice to arrive all alone.
Kate,

Many thanks, I have spoken to Steve allready, but not about this subject.
Just sounding people out at the moment.

Stu
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:47 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Stu,
just read your posting.
You can hire vehicles at the airport but I wouldn't recommend driving after the flight.
If you want to PM me about when you are arriving and where you are staying I can give you a quote for picking you up.Taxis charge per person and per luggage item.

Steve
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:52 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Stu,
just read your posting.
You can hire vehicles at the airport but I wouldn't recommend driving after the flight.
If you want to PM me about when you are arriving and where you are staying I can give you a quote for picking you up.Taxis charge per person and per luggage item.

Steve
Steve,

Thanks have PM'd you

Stu
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:09 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Airport (Melbourne) to inital accommodation???

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
How did you get from the airport to your inital accommodation when you arrived in Oz?

We will be coming into melbourne with loads of bags & two (tired) children, we have no relatives out there so will not be met at the airport.

I presume we can get a Taxi minibus at the airport to our accommodation, which will be large enough for the family & luggage or rent a Van / minibus for a few days.

Any good advice or experiances?

Stu
Both times we're arrived here at odd hours, tired, a bit grumpy(!) after the long journey, & with masses of luggage. Both times there were plenty of taxis on hand (even ones with more luggage space) & the taxi drivers were helpful & friendly. Most of them are immigrants themselves, & only too happy to chat about 'the immigrant experience'.

Good luck.

Anya.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:13 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

CAn't remember whether I've seen them in Melbourne or not but Brisbane is well served by maxi-taxis, that is minibuses, which turn up in line at the airport with all other taxis. There will also be 'estate' sized taxis. You should have no worries just going to the taxi queue.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

for anyone heading to city accom there is a bus that leaves every 15 mins, you pay just $26 a family and the ticket booth is right outside airport door, I'd tell you what its called but just cant remember but you cant miss it big red and black buses and as much luggage as you can shove on the bus, from the city they then deliver you free to most hotels apartments.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:09 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Bump

Stu
Old Jan 12th 2005, 7:32 pm
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya

We arrived in August in the cold and wet with 2 tired children and 9 huge pieces of luggage, at 1.30 am !! We left the building to be greeted by loads of taxi vans. We had a pleasant enough journey and the cost was very fair too.

Good Luck for your new life Down Under !!

VickeyVixen
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:54 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Originally Posted by vickeyvixen
Hiya

We arrived in August in the cold and wet with 2 tired children and 9 huge pieces of luggage, at 1.30 am !! We left the building to be greeted by loads of taxi vans. We had a pleasant enough journey and the cost was very fair too.

Good Luck for your new life Down Under !!

VickeyVixen
Vickey,

Where did you go to & what did it cost??

Stu