Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Airport Hotels.......

Airport Hotels.......

Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:44 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airport Hotels.......

Last year we flew to Brisbane with Malaysian Airlines and did a one night stopover at the 'Pan Pacific' airport hotel in Kuala Lumpur, which was fantastic.
When we emigrate this year we are thinking of flying with Singapore or Emirates airlines and would again like to stopover for just one night, in either Singapore or Dubai.
Anybody know the hotels for either of these airports and how they compare to the 'Pan Pacific'? C x
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:34 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airport Hotels.......

Anybody???? C x
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:40 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are staying in the Transit Hotel in Singapore airport for about 12 hours so that it breaks up the flying time for us and EJ. We will be able to have a shower and change and little man can have a kip or we could go swimming and we dont have to go through immigration or collect our luggage.

www.airport-hotel.com.sg

Joex
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:36 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hi

We are staying in the Transit Hotel in Singapore airport for about 12 hours so that it breaks up the flying time for us and EJ. We will be able to have a shower and change and little man can have a kip or we could go swimming and we dont have to go through immigration or collect our luggage.

www.airport-hotel.com.sg

Joex
Thanks for that Joe, I presume thats the place in the airport? we are thinking more of a hotel where we can stay overnight at least!!! C x

Edit; ive just looked at the link and it is in the airport!!! Oops sorry!!! C x

Last edited by shiels; Mar 21st 2007 at 4:41 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Thanks for that Joe, I presume thats the place in the airport? we are thinking more of a hotel where we can stay overnight at least!!! C x
Hi C,
If you go outside of the airport, you have to go through immigration and someone posted on here it can take ages!!!!! I'm sure you can stay overnight, there are 2 transit hotels at Singapore, 1 in each terminal. Have a look at their website.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:35 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Edit; ive just looked at the link and it is in the airport!!! Oops sorry!!! C x

Hi I dont see why you cant stay overnight, you have to book the room in blocks of 6 hours and then can add extra hours on.

Joex
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:22 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hi I dont see why you cant stay overnight, you have to book the room in blocks of 6 hours and then can add extra hours on.

Joex
Thanks joe i will look into it further. C x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration at KL can be a nightmare....unfortunately you have to go through to get to the pAn Pacific.....there is an on-site (transit) hotel as well though.

G
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:00 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Grayling
Immigration at KL can be a nightmare....unfortunately you have to go through to get to the pAn Pacific.....there is an on-site (transit) hotel as well though.

G
We didnt find this to be the case last year.
Im interested in something similar to the Pan Pacific Hotel in either Singapore or Dubai, any ideas? C x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

We didnt find this to be the case last year.
Im interested in something similar to the Pan Pacific Hotel in either Singapore or Dubai, any ideas? C x
Depnds on what time you land I suppose as to whether immigration will be busy or not.

Try the Singapore Airline stopover scheme (details on SIA website).....you need to travel by SIA for that though.
They provide transfers into town, subsidised hotels and lots more.

The airport is not very far from the city and there are lots of good hotels.

G
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:08 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Grayling
Depnds on what time you land I suppose as to whether immigration will be busy or not.

Try the Singapore Airline stopover scheme (details on SIA website).....you need to travel by SIA for that though.
They provide transfers into town, subsidised hotels and lots more.

The airport is not very far from the city and there are lots of good hotels.

G
Thank you.........C x