Wikiposts

Airlines??

Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:56 am
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Airlines??

Hi
We are hoping to move to Perth in the next month or so. Can anyone reccomend a particular airline (or are there any to be avoided).

Any comments appreciated

Cheers
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:01 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore Airlines are the best, in my opinion. They have seatback videos and you control when you want to watch anything. They also have Nintendo. Makes a big difference on such a long flight. They also have the most legroom.

Jane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have been informed that singapore airlines are great to fly with.

With regards the seatback videos and nintendo can anybody tell me do the nintendo games work.
Having just returned from Florida (Virgin airlines)I had a very disgruntled 9yr old at the side of me huffing and puffing because none of the nintendo games would work and also three of the movies that he wanted to watch weren't showing due to technical problems.

He asked me that when we fly to Oz will the games and films work because if they don't he is going to complain to the cabin crew or should i rephrase that ....he will expect me to do the complaining!!

Please tell me that the games consoles work because i couldn't bear a 13hr flight to Singapore with his constant moaning and groaning an "this is so unfair" ( Kevin impressions) .

Thanks
Diane

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Singapore Airlines are the best, in my opinion. They have seatback videos and you control when you want to watch anything. They also have Nintendo. Makes a big difference on such a long flight. They also have the most legroom.

Jane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:25 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Diane,

The games work OK. Until we flew with Singapore Airlines, I'd managed to keep Joseph away from Pokemon altogether! Not any more! The games are better on the first leg, on the 747 than they are on the 777.

Jane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:31 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Airlines??

LissyP,
don't forget to ask for double baggage allownace if you are moving on PR visa. (40kg ea) some airlines do it.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jane

That's nice to know and even better that they have them on the 777 I hadn't expected that .
I am sure that will cheer him up a bit he's games mad , mind you I have to admit I am quite partial to a bit of gaming( especially crash bandicoot).

Do Singapore airlines offer a bar service?
I believe one of the airlines that flys to OZ I think it might be Royal Brunei do not sell alcohol.
I am also partial to a bit of a tipple:beer :beer

Diane:
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:36 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

They also have the most legroom.

Jane [/QUOTE]

I beg to differ! Garuda have the most leg room, Malaysian Air second and I think Sing Air is third!!:lecture:

We few with Garuda and it wasn't half as bad as we had heard. LOTS of space and staff/food etc were great. You do have to stop at least twice tho and the entertainment was very limited.

We are flying Sing Air next week. They are top in all the reviews and even beat Quantas and BA.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

LissyP

It depends if you are travelling with or without children, i would never reccomend flying garuda indonesia airlines, they have a poor reputation and their flights can often make several stops making the flight longer, royal brunei are a dry airline ie they dont serve alcohol, other than that if i had no children i'd be prepared to go with whoever had the fare/dates i was happiest with.

If you have kids, then singapore airlines or malaysia airlines are great, seat back tvs, video games, ba and qantas are ok but wouldnt be my first choice.

Always check with either the airline or your agent for the flight duration and any additional touchdowns the flight may have as this can lengthen your travelling time considerably and its long enough as it is.

Lynn
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:08 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the Nintendo games work!! The entertainment on the 747's is a little better because you can stop/start the movies or programmes whenever you want........proved a life saver (for my daughter or I might have throttled her) because I had "muuuum" every 5 mins!!!!!! On the 777's you just have to catch the movies when they start (it tells you on screen how long till the next showing). We found the 777's a lot more comfy tho...
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:30 am
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the help - it looks like Singapore have the best reputation.

There are 5 of us travelling inc 3 teenagers. We are all quite tall so leg room is important.

Cheers
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:35 am
Born to be ignored

Originally posted by emmahafryn
They also have the most legroom.

Jane
I beg to differ! Garuda have the most leg room, Malaysian Air second and I think Sing Air is third!!:lecture:

We few with Garuda and it wasn't half as bad as we had heard. LOTS of space and staff/food etc were great. You do have to stop at least twice tho and the entertainment was very limited.

We are flying Sing Air next week. They are top in all the reviews and even beat Quantas and BA. [/QUOTE]

I couldn't find a definitive answer on this when I looked into this a while ago. Different websites gave different results! 34" seemed to be the max seat pitch, and this is what Singapore Airlines have, although it varies with type of plane.

Jane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:40 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't find a definitive answer on this when I looked into this a while ago. Different websites gave different results! 34" seemed to be the max seat pitch, and this is what Singapore Airlines have, although it varies with type of plane.

Jane [/QUOTE]

According to Travelbag, Garuda have a whopping 37"!!!:scared: Who said size doesn't matter?
Old Oct 10th 2003, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Travelbag reckon legroom is as follows:

B.A - 31 "

Cathay - 32"

Emirates - 33"

Garuda - 33"

Malaysian - 34"

Qantas - 31"

Singapore - 32"

Thai - 34"

But whats a few inches between friends eh?!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We went with Malaysian and they were absolutely great. Films and video games in the back of the seat certainly helped the time fly by (literally)

Not sure about the baggage allowance though.

Billabong
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:18 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

I've been over that way a few times and Malaysia are a fine airline to fly with. Most importantly, if you keep pressing the button the stewardess will keep bringing the free cocktails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.