Virgin Atlantic 30 Lufthansa 34
Qantas 30 Japan Airlines 34
Delta 30 American Airlines 34
Caledonian 30 Air New Zealand 34
British Airways 31 Thai Airways 34
United Airlines 31 Air France 34
KLM 31 Air China 34
Iceland Air 31 Air Canada 34
Minimum distance required by Civil Aviation Authority is 26 inches.
* Airlines measure legroom as seat pitch - the distance from the front of the seat to the back of the seat in front.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: airline leg room

Its interesting that both BA and Qantas have very stingy leg room, what are people paying the extra for then

Thanks for that!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Its interesting that both BA and Qantas have very stingy leg room, what are people paying the extra for then

Thanks for that!
The charm and helpfulness of the cabin crews.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:00 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that!
That its going to get you to your destination.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The charm and helpfulness of the cabin crews.
Do we require a sarky smiley or do you work for them
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:30 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Siren
That its going to get you to your destination.
What? and the others don't??
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:24 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

More good info on seats here: http://www.airlinequality.com

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/Seats.htm
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

I flew with emirates earlier this year and will never ever fly with them again, they might have a good seat size but there uncomfortable and as for the rest of the flight well................ a cockroches on your table is not very nice nor is food all over the floor.
don't even bother trying to complain they really don't want to listen to you.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:51 pm
Merlot

Do we require a sarky smiley or do you work for them
Have to say the best airlines for customer service on board are the Asian ones such as Singapore and Thai.

My experiences of Qantas and BA are nothing to write home about but if I was on my pins for hours on end in a giant metal can in the air, I may not be too cheery!

Flew Balkan Airways in 1997, London to Thailand the seats were not bolted to the floor properly :scared:

I had quit smoking but ended up at the back of the plane (when you could smoke on planes) chainsmoking some dodgy Balkan brand ciggies. My nerves were a little shot!!! :scared:

M

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:33 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Merlot
Have to say the best airlines for customer service on board are the Asian ones such as Singapore and Thai.

My experiences of Qantas and BA are nothing to write home about but if I was on my pins for hours on end in a giant metal can in the air, I may not be too cheery!

Flew Balkan Airways in 1997, London to Thailand the seats were not bolted to the floor properly :scared:

I had quit smoking but ended up at the back of the plane (when you could smoke on planes) chainsmoking some dodgy Balkan brand ciggies. My nerves were a little shot!!! :scared:

M
Hello M

Some (few) years ago before tourism had really reached Cambodia we were ordered out in a hurry and the only available plane was an old Russian job which belonged to the Cambodian air force.

There were no seats - we were strap hanging for the short flight over the border - and we all jumped when we got near the the end of the runway to help it take off.

Needless to say, we were wearing our bike clips!!

The only compensation was being gripped tightly by a (very) young female Swedish tourist who also wondered what the hell we were all doing there.

Happy days!

Jim
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:45 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pickle
I flew with emirates earlier this year and will never ever fly with them again, they might have a good seat size but there uncomfortable and as for the rest of the flight well................ a cockroches on your table is not very nice nor is food all over the floor.
don't even bother trying to complain they really don't want to listen to you.
Hmm Strange, We (2 adults 3 kids) flew to Perth via Dubai with them just before Christmas. I phoned their helpdesk 3 or 4 days before take off and asked for seats with extra leg room for hubby (i am only 5'2" so am ok) and got it with no extra to pay. He even booked our seats there and then on the phone so we could all sit together. Plane was lovely and clean, staff were fabulous with us and any requests we had. Took off on time, got to Dubai from Perth a little early so had time for a cuppa.

Couldn't fault them myself.

Still, no two flights are the same, or any two passengers.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:59 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

for long haul, I prefer QANTAS.... BA staff are down right rude and obnoxious (but then, I have seen some passengers I'd luuuurrrvve to shove out the door whilst at 30 000 feet!!)... but QANTAS staff always seem really calm and chilled out.. and the food is nice, entertainment is fine.. planes are safe... think that's also why I fly them.

ANSETT NZ was the best domestic flights I have ever done, anywhere... great food, nice little planes, nice hosties...

flying in Fiji in little Sunflower Airlines was the scariest flights I have done!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hmm Strange, We (2 adults 3 kids) flew to Perth via Dubai with them just before Christmas. I phoned their helpdesk 3 or 4 days before take off and asked for seats with extra leg room for hubby (i am only 5'2" so am ok) and got it with no extra to pay. He even booked our seats there and then on the phone so we could all sit together. Plane was lovely and clean, staff were fabulous with us and any requests we had. Took off on time, got to Dubai from Perth a little early so had time for a cuppa.

Couldn't fault them myself.

Still, no two flights are the same, or any two passengers.
it was only really the flight from birmingham to dubai and then return from dubai to birmingham that were the real unpleasant flights, the other flights were no better than any other airline i've flown with.
maybe i did have an unlucky flight but the treatment i got when i tried to complain was very un helpfull.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
for long haul, I prefer QANTAS.... BA staff are down right rude and obnoxious (but then, I have seen some passengers I'd luuuurrrvve to shove out the door whilst at 30 000 feet!!)... but QANTAS staff always seem really calm and chilled out.. and the food is nice, entertainment is fine.. planes are safe... think that's also why I fly them.

ANSETT NZ was the best domestic flights I have ever done, anywhere... great food, nice little planes, nice hosties...

flying in Fiji in little Sunflower Airlines was the scariest flights I have done!!
I just flew back from Melbourne to Narita with Qantas and then BA from Narita to London. After the first leg I was glad to get on the BA flight, the Qantas leg was on an old plane, seats were very uncomfortable,and the service was shabby.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:51 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

I'm flying to Brisbane with Malaysia Airlines at the end of next month, has anyone had any experience of them??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.