Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

which airline flies to Manchester now?

which airline flies to Manchester now?

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:19 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default which airline flies to Manchester now?

Hi I'm searching for which airlines fly direct to Manchester? ie not having to stop in London or Frankfurt -which has to be the worse leg of the journey! Oh from Melbourne and would like to go via Thailand or Malaysia or somewhere we can stop off and have a holiday (NOT AMERICA!!!)

Can anybody help?

LJJ
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:52 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: which airline flies to Manchester now?

Singapore deffinately to. So do Emirates and Malaysian I think.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Singapore deffinately to. So do Emirates and Malaysian I think.
I believe Malaysian have stopped their Manchester route and go from Heathrow instead.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:09 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ljj
Hi I'm searching for which airlines fly direct to Manchester? ie not having to stop in London or Frankfurt -which has to be the worse leg of the journey! Oh from Melbourne and would like to go via Thailand or Malaysia or somewhere we can stop off and have a holiday (NOT AMERICA!!!)

Can anybody help?

LJJ

Singapore Airlines
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:15 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies.

Glad Singapore still do as we prefer them but I know we have heard of a few airlines that have stopped doing Mcr now, Malaysia for one.

LJJ
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:23 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ljj
Thanks for the replies.

Glad Singapore still do as we prefer them but I know we have heard of a few airlines that have stopped doing Mcr now, Malaysia for one.

LJJ
I am not sure about this, but Singapore may have a stop in Frankfurt / Zurich ? - I remember stopping somewhere like that on the way back to MCR from Singapore, but staying on the plane. It was for about 45 minutes.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:25 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cinderella
I am not sure about this, but Singapore may have a stop in Frankfurt / Zurich ? - I remember stopping somewhere like that on the way back to MCR from Singapore, but staying on the plane. It was for about 45 minutes.
I can cope with 45 mins. At least I know which airlines to search on now it's 3 years since we have been back a lot has changed flight-wise.

LJJ
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:41 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljj
I can cope with 45 mins. At least I know which airlines to search on now it's 3 years since we have been back a lot has changed flight-wise.

LJJ
Emirates also fly out of Manchester - or they did at Christmas as friends came with them from there.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Emirates also fly out of Manchester - or they did at Christmas as friends came with them from there.

More legroom on Emirates.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:26 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinderella
More legroom on Emirates.
Singapore airlines and Emirates both have 32" whilst Malaysian has 34".
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:30 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Malaysia have definitely stopped flying from Manc.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj

LJJ
Certain days of the week Singapore Airlines fly direct from Manchester to Singapore, and other days with a stopover in Zurich. You'll just need to check nearer the time.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Certain days of the week Singapore Airlines fly direct from Manchester to Singapore, and other days with a stopover in Zurich. You'll just need to check nearer the time.

Mrs JTL

Yep, can confirm that as ours doesn't stop in Zurich but the next days flight did.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yep, can confirm that as ours doesn't stop in Zurich but the next days flight did.
Geez, thanks Wendy for confirming the information!

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Geez, thanks Wendy for confirming the information!

Mrs JTL

You're welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.