Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Airline E-Tickets

Wikiposts

Airline E-Tickets

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:12 am
PommieLeague

Default Airline E-Tickets

Ive recently booked a flight with Singapore Air on their website and its an e ticket which Ive never used before.

Are they as reliable as paper tickets you are issued with? Any probs?
Thanks

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline E-Tickets

Originally posted by Lathlain
Ive recently booked a flight with Singapore Air on their website and its an e ticket which Ive never used before.

Thanks

We.ve used e tickets for the last two years, once to South Africa and this year to the USA.

We didn't have any problems.

Gravyman
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi Lathlain, there's no problem with e-tickets, just roll up with your e-ticket in hand at check-in and its all sorted electronically!

When do you go and are you having a stopover at Singapore on the way?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:26 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lathlain, there's no problem with e-tickets, just roll up with your e-ticket in hand at check-in and its all sorted electronically!
How do you hold an e-ticket in your hand? doesnt the 'e' stand for electronic?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:31 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PHIZA

Big smilie....your e ticket in hand!

If you have an e ticket you should be able to rock up!!! yourself with id and collect your ticket. And the majority of time you have no problem! But the e-ticket when you book it on line usually says print it off and bring with you for confirmation!

so at which point do we state we are ticketless/paperless?

Before you all shout I travel all the time and only once managed Sydney to Melbourne flight without paper ticket and photo id, they let me on the plane but said they would not guarantee I would get on the flight back!

She who now has passport attached to handbag for internal e ticket flights!

Cheers
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by artep
How do you hold an e-ticket in your hand? doesnt the 'e' stand for electronic?
The e-ticket is a printed sheet detailing your flght booking with reference numbers etc. that is usually e-mailed to you by your flight provider! Thats as opposed to a proper multi-sheet printed ticket !:lecture:

I suppose if you can manage to remember all the details and reference numbers you require, then you don't need to "hold" anything in your hand!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:45 am
PommieLeague

Originally posted by PHIZA

Hi Phiza

Im off next month on the 21st to Perth and just the usual 3 hour transfer at SIngapore.

Looking forward to getting out of here!

Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used e-tickets loads of times to Europe and the US and never had any problems, but it is useful if you have the confirmation print out in case they can't find you on the system straight away (it happens). This will have booking refs etc on it.

Alastair
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi Phiza

Im off next month on the 21st to Perth and just the usual 3 hour transfer at SIngapore.

Looking forward to getting out of here!

Thats Cool !

Are you going to have a swim at the Transit Hotel in Changi Airport while you are waiting for the transfer? It's supposed to be a good way to spend the time and helps break up the journey!

We are hoping to go as close to mid August as poss. It all depends on how quick the house sale goes! :scared: We plan a 3 day stopover at Singapore before we continue on to Perth ourselves!

Who knows we may even end up on the same flight as you!

If not we'll have to meet up over in Perth for a tinny or two!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:47 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to turn up with the credit card with which you booked the e-ticket.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

e-tickets are basically just a way of avoiding having to issue you with a printed ticket, they have been used for years.

People who booked at the last minute or were for some reason unable to collect their flight tickets used to be have a ticket on departure, this involved loads of work for the agents and loads of wasted paper and it has now changed to an e ticket, the change doesnt affect the traveller just the booking agent and the airline. If you have booked via the internet you would be best to take a printout of your booking and the credit card you paid by with you but its not essential, although if memory serves photo id is.

Lynn
Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by lynnj
e-tickets are basically just a way of avoiding having to issue you with a printed ticket, they have been used for years.

People who booked at the last minute or were for some reason unable to collect their flight tickets used to be have a ticket on departure, this involved loads of work for the agents and loads of wasted paper and it has now changed to an e ticket, the change doesnt affect the traveller just the booking agent and the airline. If you have booked via the internet you would be best to take a printout of your booking and the credit card you paid by with you but its not essential, although if memory serves photo id is.

Lynn
Photo id.......... One would hope to be carrying a passport, perhaps?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

On international flights, yes, but on a domestic service most people would not.

Lynn
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:08 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I think you can rest assured that an e-ticket is as reliable as an ordinary paper ticket. When I have been issued with an e-ticket for a flight on Singapore Airlines, I've just had to turn up with a print-out of my itinerary (supplied by the travel agent).

It's worth remembering that, these days, the check-in staff are more concerned with what is on their computer than they are with what piece of paper you happen to have in your hand. So even if you had a paper ticket, if the information didn't tally with what comes up on the screen then there'd be difficulties anyway.

I think it's always wise to have photo ID when checking in for a flight, even a domestic one, whether or not the airline insists on it.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:34 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

A print out of an e-ticket is only necesary if you may need to show immigration or customs proof of a return flight. If you were going to Oz on an ETA a printout would be a good idea. Otherwise as pointed out before the airline relies on their computers. Lets hope they don't use Microshaft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.