Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which airline can u choose seats online?

Which airline can u choose seats online?

Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which airline can u choose seats online?

Hi,

For which airline can u choose your seats online?

Thanks

TC
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:08 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which airline can u choose seats online?

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hi,

For which airline can u choose your seats online?

Thanks

TC
singapore 48 hrs prior to flying
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o

I swear I've seen it online for an airline whil surfing for airfares though.

So is this a free for all....i.e exactly 48 hrs before the scheduled flight departure...you log in an select your seat ?

TC
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:38 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I swear I've seen it online for an airline whil surfing for airfares though.

So is this a free for all....i.e exactly 48 hrs before the scheduled flight departure...you log in an select your seat ?

TC
HI SORRY
cocked it up i`ve just been into singapore air`s web site with my booking ref i can pre book seats now and meals
the 48 hr bits the electronic check in

maybe next time i`ll read everything on the booking
receipt

regards steve
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

HI SORRY
cocked it up i`ve just been into singapore air`s web site with my booking ref i can pre book seats now and meals
the 48 hr bits the electronic check in

maybe next time i`ll read everything on the booking
receipt

regards steve

so does this mean...you can't see what seats are available UNTIL you've booked & paid for the flight?

I wan't the seat near a door with massive legroom and don't care what airline I go on to get it.

Thanks
TC
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:50 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

so does this mean...you can't see what seats are available UNTIL you've booked & paid for the flight?

I wan't the seat near a door with massive legroom and don't care what airline I go on to get it.

Thanks
TC
no airline will pre-book the extra leg-room seats until the day of boarding (cant do it online) so they are free at checkin but make sure you check in early and have a good reason for the bulkhead seats (a nice note from a doc about a bad back, leg trouble or travelling with small kids usually does it!!).

we get the bulkhead seats with loads of room in premium economy each time we fly as we ask at check-in and say its because with 2 infants we're up and down all flight long!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:58 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Which airline can u choose seats online?

Originally Posted by islandmom
no airline will pre-book the extra leg-room seats until the day of boarding (cant do it online) so they are free at checkin but make sure you check in early and have a good reason for the bulkhead seats (a nice note from a doc about a bad back, leg trouble or travelling with small kids usually does it!!).

we get the bulkhead seats with loads of room in premium economy each time we fly as we ask at check-in and say its because with 2 infants we're up and down all flight long!
Cathay Pacific offer this 48 hours before the flight too.

We will see if it works OK or not though next Wednesday!

R.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

We've booked our seats with Singaore and we're not flying until October
Old Aug 10th 2006, 6:53 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
We've booked our seats with Singaore and we're not flying until October

ditto going in oct

i`ve just been on the web site and prebooked the seats
( and they were nearly all taken )
all you need is your booking ref and name
and off you go

regards steve
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

ditto going in oct

i`ve just been on the web site and prebooked the seats
( and they were nearly all taken )
all you need is your booking ref and name
and off you go

regards steve
I've just been on website, and it says only 2 - 48 hours in advance, what do you go on then to book seats so far in advance? We fly out on wednesday.

N
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Craig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really nice

Originally Posted by curly
I've just been on website, and it says only 2 - 48 hours in advance, what do you go on then to book seats so far in advance? We fly out on wednesday.

N
If you book with Singapore Air on the net through their website you can choose your seats and meals at the time of booking. Think this is new this year because the past couple of years we have had to wait untill 48 hrs before departure then book the seats on internet check-in.

Curly, are you registered with the Singapore Air website? If so you can log in, go to my services, then my bookings and choose your seats & meals from there. I think you have to of booked the flights through the Singapore Air website though.

Last edited by Craig&Sam; Aug 10th 2006 at 7:22 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig&Sam
If you book with Singapore Air on the net through their website you can choose your seats and meals at the time of booking. Think this is new this year because the past couple of years we have had to wait untill 48 hrs before departure then book the seats on internet check-in.
We booked our flights through 'Dial-a-flight' so does that mean we can only do the 48 hour check in? can't see any other option on the website?

N
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Craig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really nice

We booked our flights through 'Dial-a-flight' so does that mean we can only do the 48 hour check in? can't see any other option on the website?

N
To be honest I am not too sure ,we have always booked direct, but I would suspect that you agent would have to book the seats. Might be worth giving them a ring tomorrow and see what thay say. You never know.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Craig&Sam
To be honest I am not too sure ,we have always booked direct, but I would suspect that you agent would have to book the seats. Might be worth giving them a ring tomorrow and see what thay say. You never know.
Thanks but when i asked this before they just said about the 48 hour check in, so looks like I'll have to wait
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:35 pm
Worongary

N
on the website go to
mybooking

punch in your booking ref and select seating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.