Which Airline?

Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Smile Which Airline?

Hi

Your views appreciated on which airlines are good/bad and why please
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which Airline?

Hampshire = LHR = Singapore Airlines. If you were a horrid northerner then maybe Emirates.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by James516
Hampshire = LHR = Singapore Airlines. If you were a horrid northerner then maybe Emirates.
Haha - I'm intrigued! What's wrong with Emirates? We were just looking at some flight prices for them Thing is we are going from LHR to Perth staying there for a couple of weeks and then on to Sydney for a few days and then to Brsbane (Gold Coast) for a couple of weeks. Singapore Air doesn't do the internal flights without going back out through their hub (Singapore) and works out more expensive than Emirates doing the LHR to Perth and Brisbane to LHR (arranging our own internal flights through Quantas! Arghhh!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsE
Haha - I'm intrigued! What's wrong with Emirates? We were just looking at some flight prices for them Thing is we are going from LHR to Perth staying there for a couple of weeks and then on to Sydney for a few days and then to Brsbane (Gold Coast) for a couple of weeks. Singapore Air doesn't do the internal flights without going back out through their hub (Singapore) and works out more expensive than Emirates doing the LHR to Perth and Brisbane to LHR (arranging our own internal flights through Quantas! Arghhh!
Where shall I start........terrible customer servie, and a nasty attitude to white women travelling alone. Probably the only time I have felt uncomfortable travelling alone was while I was stranded in Dubai due to a broken aircraft and absolutely no customer assistance.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Where shall I start........terrible customer servie, and a nasty attitude to white women travelling alone. Probably the only time I have felt uncomfortable travelling alone was while I was stranded in Dubai due to a broken aircraft and absolutely no customer assistance.
Oh no! Sounds horrendous! Has anybody had a good experience with Singapore Airlines please as Emirates sounds dire? How about Quantas?

Last edited by MrsE; Nov 11th 2009 at 8:35 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

perth bound is on a distinguished road

I have flown with Emirates in the past and they were fab. Would book with them again defo. Having said that never used Singapore so can't compare or comment on them.

good luck
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Nikko is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no! Sounds horrendous! Has anybody had a good experience with Singapore Airlines please as Emirates sounds dire? How about Quantas?
We flew with Singapore airlines last year. We did Manchester to Sydney with a short stop over at Singapore (only a few houres). All i can say is that when we come back to Oz we will not even bother checking the prices of the other airlines we will just book with Singapore (they were that good).

Loads of fruit and liquid throughout the flight, food was good (for airline food) and the cabin crew were very polite.

Also with a stop over at Singapore airport (Changi) we were very supprised with the facilities in terminal 3. There is loads of food places, a cinema, loads of shops and a small hotel where you can get changed or have a shower without going through imigration or customs. The terminal must have been busy but it is so light and airey it just didnt seem it.

Also we landed a terminal 2 and had to get to terminal 3 but there is a monorail system which links all the terminals together again, without having to go through customs.

Hope this helps.

Nick.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:00 pm
J.P
Just Joined

J.P will become famous soon enough

Hello,

Every airline has it's problems, no airline is perfect, bad customer service is all around us, even within the so called best airlines. For one passenger x airline is great but for the next x airline might be crap.

From my point of view and I do fly often, Emirates for me was a great experience from ground to onboard services to a great crew when I flew with them, but this is not to say that some other passenger might find the opposite.

Singapore Airlines has an excellent service, which has been recognised by the industry via awards.

In a perfect world we would like to see excellent customer service, going the extra mile to it's clients, but there is always the day where one might not be in a good mood for whatever reason, and it happens to all of us during our own work.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J.P
Hello,

Every airline has it's problems, no airline is perfect, bad customer service is all around us, even within the so called best airlines. For one passenger x airline is great but for the next x airline might be crap.

From my point of view and I do fly often, Emirates for me was a great experience from ground to onboard services to a great crew when I flew with them, but this is not to say that some other passenger might find the opposite.

Singapore Airlines has an excellent service, which has been recognised by the industry via awards.

In a perfect world we would like to see excellent customer service, going the extra mile to it's clients, but there is always the day where one might not be in a good mood for whatever reason, and it happens to all of us during our own work.
Thanks guys - We are thinking of paying that bit extra to get the flight times we want with Singapore Air but will have to go LHR t Perth arrange internal flights ourselves and then Singapore air Brisbane to LHR. Can you book internal Oz flights from the UK? Or is it best to book them when we are over there? Mind not you keen on worrying about the chance of not getting the day we want and at a good price if we wait til we get there - any views on that please?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J.P
Hello,

Thanks guys - We are thinking of paying that bit extra to get the flight times we want with Singapore Air but will have to go LHR t Perth arrange internal flights ourselves and then Singapore air Brisbane to LHR. Can you book internal Oz flights from the UK? Or is it best to book them when we are over there? Mind not you keen on worrying about the chance of not getting the day we want and at a good price if we wait til we get there - any views on that please? Also meant to ask how you arrange holiday visa if booking flights yourself and not through travel agent?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:15 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Can you book internal Oz flights from the UK?
www.qantas.com
www.virginblue.com.au
www.jetstar.com
www.tigerairways.com

If you want to go to Gold Coast, there is an airport there and well serviced by the low cost airlines, you don't have to fly Sydney to Brisbane.

For the electronic tourist visa go here (you could also ask the airline - they've done it for me before):

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu?form=TV

Last edited by bcworld; Nov 11th 2009 at 9:18 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
www.qantas.com
www.virginblue.com.au
www.jetstar.com
www.tigerairways.com

If you want to go to Gold Coast, there is an airport there and well serviced by the low cost airlines, you don't have to fly Sydney to Brisbane.

For the electronic tourist visa go here (you could also ask the airline - they've done it for me before):

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu?form=TV
That's great - thanks Di
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

For London to Perth, you have a lot to choose from.

Singapore are really good (Via Singapore).

Emirates are good, but not as good as you would expect. (Via Dubai).

Never heard of Quantas ..... But Qantas is pretty decent – sometimes. (Via Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo).

Malaysia Airlines are really good. (Via Kuala Lumpur).

Royal Brunei Airlines I found decent enough. (Via BSB and a non mention stop in Dubai/AD).

Cathy Pacific are good – but can be expensive. (Via Hong Kong).

South African Airways, seen them doing deals recently for London – Perth, no idea what service is like and I assume the flight would be long (Via Johannesburg).

Thai Airways, Not sure what they are like (Via Bangkok).

Air Asia X – low cost, very cheap, but no idea what their service is like (Via Kuala Lumpur).

For the love of god, don’t fly Air New Zealand (they have terrible service and go the long way around – Via USA & Auckland).

Here are the sites for each of the above, although you can usually get cheaper fares at your travel agent or online booking sites. For domestic flights in Australia, the post above this one has all the sites and you can easily book them before you leave.

It might be worth out checking a Multi Stop ticket, which would include your flights inside Australia, sometimes it can work out cheaper.

Here are the sites for London – Perth flights.
www.singaporeair.com
www.emirates.com
www.qantas.co.uk
www.malaysiaairlines.com
www.bruneiair.com
www.cathaypacific.com
www.flysaa.com
www.thaiair.com
www.airasia.com
www.airnewzealand.com
Old Jan 1st 2010, 1:47 pm
Banned

rony1434 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
Well i like lufthansa airlines and mostly travel with this only.
There service are fabulas.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Nothings wrong with Emirates in our opinion. We have flown with them several times and have always had brilliant service. Had a few days in Dubai on the way home and can't wait to go back. Emirates also have one of the best inflight entertainment systems that i've come across. I wouldn't hesitate flying with them again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.