Reload this Page >

Aircraft engineer/technician seeks employment

Aircraft engineer/technician seeks employment

Old Nov 19th 2010, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

sthomas157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aircraft engineer/technician seeks employment

Hi

I am in the same situation now. I have no licences but 5 years experience on mk5/7 seaking helicopters, and was wondering if you could give me any advice as i am soon to move to adelaide.

I am having no luck so far find a job.

cheers
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:22 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aircraft engineer/technician seeks employment

Originally Posted by sthomas157
Hi

I am in the same situation now. I have no licences but 5 years experience on mk5/7 seaking helicopters, and was wondering if you could give me any advice as i am soon to move to adelaide.

cheers
Hi Sthomas157 and welcome to the forum.

I cant help you with anything about your job but you could try looking in the To do list and useful links. Or maybe post a request if you are seeking work in the Jobs wanted forum.

If there is anything else I can help you with you can contact me here

Last edited by Kelli28; Nov 19th 2010 at 3:32 pm. Reason: Broken links
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Definetely Adelaide? Have you tried John Holland? IASA were recruiting at Perth but may have been licenced positions. SEEK usually have a few vacancies for techs. If you post on Air Mech, you may have a better response.
If you are not presently in OZ I'm afraid you'll struggle to get anybody to hire you.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info NELBHOY

May i ask what you mean by AIR Mech. is this a site ?

Cheers
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the info NELBHOY

May i ask what you mean by AIR Mech. is this a site ?

Cheers
Yeah. If you type AIRMECH into Google then you should find it. You may have to sign up to the site,which costs a few quid, before you can post.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

cheers
You may be interested in this article:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bus...firm-to-perth/

Bristow are also pretty active in WA.

Good luck.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

QANTAS need some techo's by the way they are going....you don't do Rolls Royce engine changes do you? LOL!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
QANTAS need some techo's by the way they are going....you don't do Rolls Royce engine changes do you? LOL!
you should be ok with them (Qantas) i think most of thier tech's have no licences also
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by billymacker
you should be ok with them (Qantas) i think most of thier tech's have no licences also
Funny thing is i have experience with rolls royce engines, all be it slightly smaller ones.

Is that true that quantas employ non licenced engineers ?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Funny thing is i have experience with rolls royce engines, all be it slightly smaller ones.

Is that true that quantas employ non licenced engineers ?
No, it's not. I don't know where you got your experience from, but I would have thought that aircraft "engineers" would need licensing. Are you actually an engineer with an engineering degree?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:49 am
Just Joined

You dont need a degree to be an engineer. I have adequate qualification to say that i am an engineer. I just know that some companies do take on people without licences, there responsability and work is just smaller.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, it's not. I don't know where you got your experience from, but I would have thought that aircraft "engineers" would need licensing. Are you actually an engineer with an engineering degree?
For info you don't need an engineering degree to be an aircraft engineer. Licensing and degrees are totally different.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
For info you don't need an engineering degree to be an aircraft engineer. Licensing and degrees are totally different.
I'm a secretary. Does that make me a keyboard engineer?

For the OP, I would assume that any reputable company would want licenses here. You need a license to do just about anything else.