Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Airconditioning Details.

The Airconditioning Details.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default The Airconditioning Details.

I got asked for these details so many times yesterday so now I have the book in front of me.

LG split system the biggest one 3.5HP 8.2kw. Basically one of these cools a massive family room with 15 foot ceilings! plus the kitchen/ dininng/ office/ hallway and we leave the 2 lower bedroom doors open and it gets them too. Cost was a mere $1940.00 I am surprised I thought it was more but I have the receipt in front of me.

Fitting can be offered by the shop, problem we had there was a waiting time, so it was installed by a mate (must be fully qualifiied here) for $600. Its honestly the best thing we have ever bought here. Split systems are put into houses which are already built.

Interesting bit is under the house a big fan type generator box thing, but the best bit to watch is the outlet pipe, its plumbed in now but before it was you could literally watch bucket loads of water pour out every hour!!! Thats the humidity being taken out as it cools!

If I had to give up the husband or the Airconditioner he's not got a chance

Sorry but I have no idea how much electricity it uses, because our leccy bills are huge, about $400- 450 a quarter, however thats for a 30+ square house, at least 4 people, airconditioning and a big pool for which the filter must run 8 hours a day, plus dishwasher, plus each bedroom has TV or puter etc.

Last edited by dotty; Jan 5th 2004 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:48 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Airconditioning Details.

Originally posted by dotty
Its honestly the best thing we have ever bought here.
God Dotty I am sick of your generalisations and exaggerations.

What about that see-through teddy you got at Naughty but Nice?
Attached Thumbnails The Airconditioning Details.-poolman.jpg  
Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Florida_03
God Dotty I am sick of your generalisations and exaggerations.

What about that see-through teddy you got at Naughty but Nice?

OMG how the flippin eck did you get the photo of US I'll tell ya, Qld fashion has a lot going for it its really caught up now.

I agree tho I must stop posting this really really unhelpful info, who the hell needs heat relief here anyway
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG how the flippin eck did you get the photo of US I'll tell ya, Qld fashion has a lot going for it its really caught up now.

I agree tho I must stop posting this really really unhelpful info, who the hell needs heat relief here anyway
Especially with all that relief you get in the QLD shops.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jokes jokes jokes, huh! dont you lot realise publishing peoples wedding photos without their permission is not on, just ask CZJones.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:13 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

E-Bay Heating & Cooling

LG Split Systems

Last edited by Megalania; Jan 5th 2004 at 11:51 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:16 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jokes jokes jokes, huh! dont you lot realise publishing peoples wedding photos without their permission is not on, just ask CZJones.
I know, I know...but I have come to clean the pool...I HAVE come to clean the POOL!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:02 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I got asked for these details so many times yesterday so now I have the book in front of me.

LG split system the biggest one 3.5HP 8.2kw. Basically one of these cools a massive family room with 15 foot ceilings! plus the kitchen/ dininng/ office/ hallway and we leave the 2 lower bedroom doors open and it gets them too. Cost was a mere $1940.00 I am surprised I thought it was more but I have the receipt in front of me.

Fitting can be offered by the shop, problem we had there was a waiting time, so it was installed by a mate (must be fully qualifiied here) for $600. Its honestly the best thing we have ever bought here. Split systems are put into houses which are already built.

Interesting bit is under the house a big fan type generator box thing, but the best bit to watch is the outlet pipe, its plumbed in now but before it was you could literally watch bucket loads of water pour out every hour!!! Thats the humidity being taken out as it cools!

If I had to give up the husband or the Airconditioner he's not got a chance

Sorry but I have no idea how much electricity it uses, because our leccy bills are huge, about $400- 450 a quarter, however thats for a 30+ square house, at least 4 people, airconditioning and a big pool for which the filter must run 8 hours a day, plus dishwasher, plus each bedroom has TV or puter etc.
$2364,00 all up (installation included in this price) .LG as well.

How do I know? We actually bought one on boxing day. . -we were lucky with ours , they fitted ours within the week - perhaps the workman fancied my hubby.lol. Bl**dy lovely they are too (the aircon not the workmen - although they weren't half bad either but I'm sure they swung to the left, or is that the right) Set to 18c and the rooms should see you get down to 21c,24c (from outside temp of around 30c - depends on outside heat) - doesn't reach my back bedrooms though, but it manages to cool the living, kitchen and dining. main bedroom we have a window aircon (cost us around $500 about 4 years ago - bought it as we renting at the time - made a surround for it - and it went were we went, house to house - these are perfect for rooms with doors, ours get's the bedroom down to about 18c/19c

Installation of LG took around 4 to 5 hours . They were there at 7 in the morning finished sometime after lunch.
Bills - I'll let you know how much my electric bill is when it comes in - but for now b*gger the cost - we set it at 18c and then we moan it's cold - actually I set it around 24, hubby is the one who keeps flicking it down to 18c ( loves the cold) - I haven't tried the heat function yet... can't wait for winter.. heat and more heat.I can chuck my fan heaters at last (had one catch fire -chinese cheap cr*P)
Cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 6th 2004 at 12:05 am.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Air conditioning:

A VERY useful little addition (if not already installed) is a humidistat. It sits in parallel with the thermostat and switches the a/c on & off depending on the relative humidity.

Most of the time we keep the thermostat set to 90' plus (max) and the humidistat to around 50-60%.

The a/c cycles enough to keep the humidity down to a comfortable figure. It's remarkable how comfortable you can be indoors in the 80s when the moisture's taken out.

Comparing our bills with similar places who just run on temperature, we are saving at least half on electricity bills.

BTW, I reckon the mechanical controls are best when you have frequent lightning surges: the electronic ones tend to go t*ts-up.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Air conditioning:

A VERY useful little addition (if not already installed) is a humidistat. It sits in parallel with the thermostat and switches the a/c on & off depending on the relative humidity.

Most of the time we keep the thermostat set to 90' plus (max) and the humidistat to around 50-60%.

The a/c cycles enough to keep the humidity down to a comfortable figure. It's remarkable how comfortable you can be indoors in the 80s when the moisture's taken out.

Comparing our bills with similar places who just run on temperature, we are saving at least half on electricity bills.

BTW, I reckon the mechanical controls are best when you have frequent lightning surges: the electronic ones tend to go t*ts-up.
Most of the newer systems come with a humidity control option but seems most people do not use it. Mind you, some of the controllers are impenetrably user un-friendly.

Apart from power savings, keeping temperatures higher and humidity low has another advantage: your body becomes accustomed to higher temperatures more quickly, does not bloat with water and you sweat less when you go outside.