Reload this Page >

AirCon employment in Queensland

AirCon employment in Queensland

Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

PJ8025 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile AirCon employment in Queensland

Hi there,

Can anybody tell me how easy it is to gain employment as an Air-con engineer on the gold coast, it's my trade but i'm hearing lots of storys about licences that will be required to work in that area?
What sort of pay do thay offer?

Also the blokes at work are winding me up about all the spiders that live in the A/C units, is it as bad as thay make out?

Any Feedback would help thanks
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:29 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AirCon employment in Queensland

Originally Posted by PJ8025
Hi there,

Can anybody tell me how easy it is to gain employment as an Air-con engineer on the gold coast, it's my trade but i'm hearing lots of storys about licences that will be required to work in that area?
What sort of pay do thay offer?

Also the blokes at work are winding me up about all the spiders that live in the A/C units, is it as bad as thay make out?

Any Feedback would help thanks
I would speak to Timber Floor Au as he is an air con engineer on the GC/Brissie!

If you need an assistance relocating to the GC check out my website!

Claire
x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about being re-licensed, but my hubby is an apprentice plumber and is installing aircon as a plumber!

Another friend's husband is from SA and he is a refrig/aircon engineer. Apparently he needs to sit 2 x Saturdays of tests/instruction and voila- he is fully qualified here in Vic.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We've been here for 15 months. Ste has been a refrigeration and air con mechanic for 10 years. When we got here Ste had to apply first of all for a ARTC (Australian recognised tradesmans certificate) - even though you have been passed by the TRA for your visa app - just another money spinner, me thinks..... Then you have to get a restricted electrical licence. Theres a couple of other things too I have forgotten but will ask Ste later and come back to you. I know Ste went to the local TAFE and sat a few tests too. Theres also some new refrigerant being phased in and others being phased out, so theres stuff to deal with there.

You see the odd spider now and then - usually fried on the circuit boards - fried geckos too.

I don't know about the Gold coast but work is plentiful up here in FNQ. Depending upon your experience and quals you can expect to earn between $60,000 and $90,000 a year, plus super / 4 weeks holiday / company vehicle / mobile phone / uniforms / boot allowance / tool allowance etc etc.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

PJ8025 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steandleigh
We've been here for 15 months. Ste has been a refrigeration and air con mechanic for 10 years. When we got here Ste had to apply first of all for a ARTC (Australian recognised tradesmans certificate) - even though you have been passed by the TRA for your visa app - just another money spinner, me thinks..... Then you have to get a restricted electrical licence. Theres a couple of other things too I have forgotten but will ask Ste later and come back to you. I know Ste went to the local TAFE and sat a few tests too. Theres also some new refrigerant being phased in and others being phased out, so theres stuff to deal with there.

You see the odd spider now and then - usually fried on the circuit boards - fried geckos too.

I don't know about the Gold coast but work is plentiful up here in FNQ. Depending upon your experience and quals you can expect to earn between $60,000 and $90,000 a year, plus super / 4 weeks holiday / company vehicle / mobile phone / uniforms / boot allowance / tool allowance etc etc.

Cheers Guys @ Girls, looking forward to heading over in August, the replys have settled my doubts.