Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air Mile Schemes

Air Mile Schemes

Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Mile Schemes

We've booked our flight to Sydney with Quantas already but have been advised to sign up to an air mile scheme by a few mates (who didnt have any more details than that!). Now we've booked them is the only option open to us the Quantas Frequent Flyer programme? That would seem reasonable but my knowledge of Air Mile schemes is pretty much zero!
TIA
fraze
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:49 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Air Mile Schemes

Originally Posted by fraze1987
We've booked our flight to Sydney with Quantas already but have been advised to sign up to an air mile scheme by a few mates (who didnt have any more details than that!). Now we've booked them is the only option open to us the Quantas Frequent Flyer programme? That would seem reasonable but my knowledge of Air Mile schemes is pretty much zero!
TIA
fraze
I accrued a lot of points on my BA air miles account (flying round Oz) and then transferred them over to Qantas FF account later on. Qantas and BA code share and it was simple to do.

I've also signed up (over the Internet) for Emirates and Singapore Airlines.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

3 trips Uk-Aus-Uk allowed me to pay for Brisbane-Melbourne-Brisbane honeymoon tickets on Qantas points.

Little tip - sign up with Qantas FF BEFORE leaving the UK - even if you arent actually emigrating with them. If you do it from the UK its free; do it once you are here, costs you $$$.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
3 trips Uk-Aus-Uk allowed me to pay for Brisbane-Melbourne-Brisbane honeymoon tickets on Qantas points.

Little tip - sign up with Qantas FF BEFORE leaving the UK - even if you arent actually emigrating with them. If you do it from the UK its free; do it once you are here, costs you $$$.
Thanks for the advice - have just signed up and saved a few beer $$$
Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:29 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frequent Flyer Programs

Fraze (and others),

This website is well worth a look if you are looking to accumulate FF points ...
http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/

Best regards.

TIA
fraze
Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:36 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

TIA
fraze

Apply for FF cards now in UK, as Polly says they are free but cost if you apply in Oz. You can add flights taken after you get your cards, you've got something like months in which to do so. Depending on what class you fly, a retrun UK-Oz trip should get you enough points for a east coast capital to capital return flight.