Wikiposts

Air Frieght Query

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:00 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Frieght Query

Hi

Just joined today.
Have really enjoyed reading about people in the same boat as us.
Quick background. My partner Rob and I sent off our skilled independent visa application 3 weeks ago and I just had my credit card debited - not much, but a start!
We rent and have will have practically nothing to do but get on the plane to Perth when (and if!) we get our visa granted.
This set me thinking about air freight. I know that Qantas offer 40kg per person, but I doubt if this will be enough and we would like everything to arrive with us. We don't have much.
Has anyone done any research and found competitive prices for air freight?
I have found a couple, but there's so much out there, that it's a bit daunting!

Regards

Pookin
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:40 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Air Frieght Query

Hi
I work for an shipping company near Heathrow and can ( although maybe a little unethical to bring it up on this site ) quote you for any of your needs. I believe we are very competitve in our prices and seeing as we are all members on this forum I will try and discount as much as I can.
That goes for anyone here who also might be interested or if you have just a general enquirey I will be happy to help with any info etc.
My wife and I are off to Melbourne in August and we will be taking full advantage of my position in this company as well.
Cheers
Simon
Traker Int. Ltd
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi pookin and welcome aboard.

There have been a few threads on this subject recently,I seem to remember John mason, britannia, crown relocation, allied pickfords to name a few.
If you do a search for shipping or removals you will find a good deal of info and recommendations.

Good luck with your application

Pudnut...
Old Apr 24th 2003, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Frieght Query

Originally posted by Pookin
Hi

Just joined today.
Have really enjoyed reading about people in the same boat as us.
Quick background. My partner Rob and I sent off our skilled independent visa application 3 weeks ago and I just had my credit card debited - not much, but a start!
We rent and have will have practically nothing to do but get on the plane to Perth when (and if!) we get our visa granted.
This set me thinking about air freight. I know that Qantas offer 40kg per person, but I doubt if this will be enough and we would like everything to arrive with us. We don't have much.
Has anyone done any research and found competitive prices for air freight?
I have found a couple, but there's so much out there, that it's a bit daunting!

Regards
Hello Pookin

Pookin

Depends on how much your looking at sending, but you can always try unaccompanied baggage which may arrive afew days after you. TNT magazine apparently has lots of adverts for this service.. TNT is free of charge from any STA travel and or Nomad Travellers store (lots of other places too) exportair.com.au is based at Perth airport they may be able to give you a UK contact.
Take serious consideration though into the cost of what you bring, it may well turn out that the replacement value in $ is less than the pounds equivlaent of sending, particularly if you then flog your stuff before leaving.
Good Luck
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:59 am
dp
Just Joined

dp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Freignt to Oz

I have used Seven Seas twice (once over to oz and once back) and am about to use them again - they are the cheapest by far have brilliant service here (in UK) and now have opened up an office in Oz so that its more convenient with customs.
I think they guarantee 10 weeks (which is very good ) - see them at www.sevenseas.com

and no I dont work there
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!!

We booked our flights and got the tickets today.

We are flying with Qantas and BA and I would have qualified for the double baggage allowance thing but my fiance and my son wouldn't have because they hold Ozzie passports. This would have meant 20 kilos each for them and 40 kilos for me (no-where near enough!!)

Instead we are flying via America to LA and then to Sydney. It's the same price, but the allowance goes up to 64 kilos each!! two bags each at a maximum of 32 kilos. Quite a big difference. We fly on Tuesday, I can't believe it's only a few days away!!

Graham
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Freignt to Oz

Originally posted by dp
I have used Seven Seas twice (once over to oz and once back) and am about to use them again - they are the cheapest by far have brilliant service here (in UK) and now have opened up an office in Oz so that its more convenient with customs.
I think they guarantee 10 weeks (which is very good ) - see them at www.sevenseas.com

and no I dont work there
Useful link if you're looking for Kraft Foods
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:11 am
dp
Just Joined

dp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default picky picky

Dear Ayanem,

Thanks for your oh so useful post !! Very constructive (Not!)

I was just trying to provide some info for people - and yes I did substitute .com for the correct suffix of .co.uk

So for those out there the correct email address for SevenSeas is: www.sevenseas.co.uk