Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air freight of Personal Effects

Air freight of Personal Effects

Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about
Default Air freight of Personal Effects

We recently contacted Arbuckle Smith in Glasgow for sending an extra suitcase as air freight. They were recommended to us by Emirates Cargo

They quoted around £210 to send 35Kg 's

I had asked if we needed to do any paperwork (for handling/clearance/customs etc) but they said it would be done when it arrived in Melbourne.

Has anyone else had experience of this. We apparently just take the case into them a few days before the flight and then pick the case up at the other side when we arrive (or possibly a few days later)?

But I'm worried there is more to it than that... is it really that simple?

Thanks
AL
Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:40 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air freight of Personal Effects

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
... is it really that simple?
Al,

no, it's not that simnple! If you're sending stuff by airfreight, you need to complete the AQIS "Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement" (4 pages long).

It's probably on the AQIS web site somewhere, but you can also donwload it from the Excess Baggage web site:

http://www.excessbaggage.co.uk
Click on "Documentation & Protection" (left-hand side)
Then click on "airfreight".
Then download the docs for Australia.

Gina
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the reply Gina

I checked the information we got from them and all they mentioned was "there will be a customs clearance and handling charge at Melbourne side"

I'll need to read through these other companies web sites to see if their quotes cover all these associated costs. It might be easier to go with one of them than organise it ourselves.

AL
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Thanks for the reply Gina

I checked the information we got from them and all they mentioned was "there will be a customs clearance and handling charge at Melbourne side"

I'll need to read through these other companies web sites to see if their quotes cover all these associated costs. It might be easier to go with one of them than organise it ourselves.

AL
I've sent stuff airfreight via the Excess baggage co - see link in the previous post. Very easy and they supplied all the necessary info and paperwork.