Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air freight - Customs

Air freight - Customs

Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Air freight - Customs

Hi I wonder if anyone knows the answer - maybe Mr Mover does.

We are thinking about sending some boxes by air freight and we will have to collect them from Brisbane Airport. They will be things like kids toys etc.

Does anyone know ýf we have to pay customs fees for this?

Thanks
Debs
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to remember.... I know I had to go the Airfreight office, pick up the paperwork, take it to Customs on Airport Drive, and I think I had to pay them - $100 something like that; they gave me a clearance note, then I had to go and collect the goods and take them to AQIS (behind the customs building). They inspected them and cleared me to take them. I guess I would have had to pay AQIS then if they had found anything dodgy.
Bit of running around, but not too painful!!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Pollyana
Trying to remember.... I know I had to go the Airfreight office, pick up the paperwork, take it to Customs on Airport Drive, and I think I had to pay them - $100 something like that; they gave me a clearance note, then I had to go and collect the goods and take them to AQIS (behind the customs building). They inspected them and cleared me to take them. I guess I would have had to pay AQIS then if they had found anything dodgy.
Bit of running around, but not too painful!!
Thanks Poll Went to the air freight company today and they have agreed on 300kg for $1500 USD.