Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

air conditioning in perth or other cities

air conditioning in perth or other cities

Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:23 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Post air conditioning in perth or other cities

hey there guys, i am looking to do air conditioning as a trade in perth on a skilled migrante visa. Is there anyone doing this or something similar please let me know. thanks simon
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

martin102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: air conditioning in perth or other cities

Hi Simon, I migrated here (Mandurah WA) as a skilled A/C refrigeration engineer.I have been working for a local company since october 2006 as install engineer.It is very hard work, long hours and very very hot working in roof spaces.I have worked in A/C since leaving school in 1981.The only thing that keeps me going is the lads and boss i work with are a great bunch, and i,m hoping it will be cooler in the winter.Last tuesday we were installing a ducted split in a roof and the outdoor temperature was 42.4 degrees C so you can imagine what the roof was like.If i was you get an office job.

Martin
Old Mar 12th 2007, 6:56 pm
simon and clare

Thumbs up Re: air conditioning in perth or other cities

Originally Posted by martin102
Hi Simon, I migrated here (Mandurah WA) as a skilled A/C refrigeration engineer.I have been working for a local company since october 2006 as install engineer.It is very hard work, long hours and very very hot working in roof spaces.I have worked in A/C since leaving school in 1981.The only thing that keeps me going is the lads and boss i work with are a great bunch, and i,m hoping it will be cooler in the winter.Last tuesday we were installing a ducted split in a roof and the outdoor temperature was 42.4 degrees C so you can imagine what the roof was like.If i was you get an office job.

Martin

Hi Martin, I used to work for a company called Focal projects based in rugeley, just wandered if you knew them at all. Is there much work for a service engineer i have looked on the net there seems to be. also the area you have chosen, is that good for kids schools and so on, assuming you have a family that is.

cheers simon
Old Mar 12th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

barny rubble will become famous soon enough
Default Re: air conditioning in perth or other cities

Hi guys sorry to butt in,im a a/c engineer and im moving to Brisbane in may and there seems loads off work there and i have had good response to my CV over the net, are you from rugeley staffs i live in heath hayes cannock at the moment small world.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 9:33 pm
simon and clare

Thumbs up Re: air conditioning in perth or other cities

Originally Posted by barny rubble
Hi guys sorry to butt in,im a a/c engineer and im moving to Brisbane in may and there seems loads off work there and i have had good response to my CV over the net, are you from rugeley staffs i live in heath hayes cannock at the moment small world.
hey barney, it is a small world. i used to work for EPM air con in cannock. i dont know heath hayes though. i know rugeley and cannock are about 8miles apart. i live near derby. brisbane is a good place to live. i used to live in australia about 20 yrs ago for about 10 yrs. we has some good holidays round that area. gotta go through all visa procress again now. sucks.

good luck in may anyhow
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Boogie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: air conditioning in perth or other cities

Hi

I work with Martin indirectly and the company are after fridgies as we are looking at expanding. The company is just outside Mandurah one of the nicest places to live in WA. So how soon until you are over???

Compamy Details:
Pinjarra Refrigeration
24 Murray Street
Pinjarra
WA 6208

Tel; 9531 1122
Website pinjarrarefrigeration.com.au

If your over soon contact us we may be able to offer you something.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Hey Barny.

I move to Brisbane/Goldcoast in June, i also work as a A/C engineer in Birmingham, Seems theres a rake of midlands engineers heading to OZ, the'll be none left the way it's going!

Where are you heading to in brisbane?

Chris.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

barny rubble will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: air conditioning in perth or other cities

Hi Chris
Moving to Brisbane area, were (wife and two kids) going to rent a holiday home for a short wile in Rochedale between the cbd and the coast as the cites seems to be were most of the work is located, how about you your going to the gold coast you been there before, have you work lined up ??

cheers barny.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Hi Barny,

We are going to move to the Southport area(just me & the misses), I've mailed a few companys but i'll have a good look when i get there.
I went over around years ago, i remember it's not to far from Brisbane so i'll look around there for work to.
I fancy having a month off to chill first, i run my ass off every day here, and thats dam well going to stop!!!

Cheers Chris.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

C'mon the A/C engineers........................

I too am heading to Brisbane end April beginning May. (Soon as house sells!!)

I am looking at moving to the Coomera area, the government are ploughing BILLIONS of AU$ into the area, so there will be plenty of fridge/air con installation work going on.

Been in the refrigeration/air con install game for the last 10 years. Looking so forward to a new challenge. Just hope I can get the required "licences" to do the work. (I'm all certified here in UK)
It is a great pity that TRA do not issue you a licence, if you qualify with them.

Looks like there is enough of us here and in Oz to get our own ongoing thread started.......

Any one out in Oz got any good web sites for us 'fridgies'???????

All the best to All

TTFN

Dave
Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Well looks like we will have to join the band wagon. Hubby is ref/air con Mr. We are in North Staffs at mo, arriving in Perth on 18th April. Any info from those already there would be great!!!

Nicky x
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

C'mon all you Brit/Oz fridges out there..................

Lets get as much info on BE as we can.

After all, we are/going to be in the same boat!!!!!

All the best

Dave
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

I'll meet you all for a on the other side!

It'll be good to see how others in the trade have managed settling in.

Chris
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toddsim
Hi Martin, I used to work for a company called Focal projects based in rugeley, just wandered if you knew them at all. Is there much work for a service engineer i have looked on the net there seems to be. also the area you have chosen, is that good for kids schools and so on, assuming you have a family that is.

cheers simon
Hi Simon
Focal Projects was just around the corner off Armitage road, I didn,t know anybody who worked for them direct but i know a couple of subbies who do work for them.The Western Australian newspaper is a good source for jobs here,but the summer is over now and jobs are harder to come by,2 weeks ago there were at least 15 A/c jobs advertised,This Saturday the Western Australian had only 1 A/C job advertised. Mandurah is a great place to live,the house prices have risen a lot in the last 2 years.Not sure about the schools as my 3 kids are over 18,but the Tafe,s(colleges)seem ok.We were originally going to live in Bunbury, but couldn,t find a rental property and ended up in Mandurah,which is ideal only an hour from Perth and we,ve got the train coming soon and also a new freeway is being built.

Martin
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barny rubble
Hi Barny,

I used to live in Rugeley, i live in Mandurah WA now. The weather is a bit better here.I lived in Norton Canes before Rugeley even closer to you.Who do you work for at the moment?

Martin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.