Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air con mechanical services plumber any one been on the course in Adelaide

Air con mechanical services plumber any one been on the course in Adelaide

Old May 30th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Air con mechanical services plumber any one been on the course in Adelaide

Hi Need some help and advice please.

Just found out that my hubby may need to go on a course in Oz to allow him to work. Any one been on the course for Air Conditioning or on it at the moment. He has been on it in the UK and passed, but been told that still may have to go on it. I belive its same with all trades? A liitle confused at the moment.

Anyone can help with this please
Julie
Old May 30th 2007, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air con mechanical services plumber any one been on the course in Adelaide

Originally Posted by corgi
Hi Need some help and advice please.

Just found out that my hubby may need to go on a course in Oz to allow him to work. Any one been on the course for Air Conditioning or on it at the moment. He has been on it in the UK and passed, but been told that still may have to go on it. I belive its same with all trades? A liitle confused at the moment.

Anyone can help with this please
Julie

Just looked at the jobs in the paper. They say must have ARC and minimum B class electrical licence (restricted).

To apply for the restriced electrical licence, you need an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trades Certificate) http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...HEHINT=Guest#1

For the ARC, you'll find this site useful. http://www.arctick.org/index.php I really dint understand what's what on there, so I'm afraid you'll have to look around a little and maybe e-mail them.

I'm really hoping that there is another air con mechanic on here who can help, as I only know what I find on the internet. People who have done it first hand are much better informed.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Re: Air con mechanical services plumber any one been on the course in Adelaide

Originally Posted by Wendy
Just looked at the jobs in the paper. They say must have ARC and minimum B class electrical licence (restricted).

To apply for the restriced electrical licence, you need an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trades Certificate) http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...HEHINT=Guest#1

For the ARC, you'll find this site useful. http://www.arctick.org/index.php I really dint understand what's what on there, so I'm afraid you'll have to look around a little and maybe e-mail them.

I'm really hoping that there is another air con mechanic on here who can help, as I only know what I find on the internet. People who have done it first hand are much better informed.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I will keep my fingers crossed that some one on the site is air con mechanic?
Thans again wendy.
Old May 30th 2007, 4:02 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

The ARC they refer to isn't that the welding skill my OH does this job in UK and thats what it is here.

We too are looking for info on licensing in OZ in this trade companies over there not very keen on giving out info

Kaye
Old May 30th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

I arrive on the Goldcoast at the end of June, I work in the UK as a A/C engineer, but i passed the TRA as a mechanical engineer (previous trade).
I am not eligible for the ARTC certificate as i only have 6yr's experiance and not 7yr's.
I am going for the RPL route at TAFE, they check your detailed referances and certificates and then tell you what modules you need to complete to be upto scratch for your licence.
I'm hoping i can find a company to employ me in the duration of my training.

I'll post an update on how i get on when I'm there.

Chris
Old May 31st 2007, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Xena is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby is also A/C controls technician. From what I have managed to work out you apply to ARC (Australian recognised certificate, or something along those lines!). I will look for the website that I found - they send you a form to complete and you send that off together with a copy of your TRA application and some $$. Hopefully they will then send you the necessary certificate. I assume once you have this, you can apply for the restricted electrical licence.

I have not had the courage to tell my hubby about this additional saga that we have to go through ...

Brenda
Old May 31st 2007, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Xena is an unknown quantity at this point

Found it - http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

Very useful site