air asia to uk

Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default air asia to uk

i have been hearing about air asia and how they can offer cheaper flights to the uk, but when i look at their website they dont go to the uk, what do i need to do?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: air asia to uk

Originally Posted by sormesher
i have been hearing about air asia and how they can offer cheaper flights to the uk, but when i look at their website they dont go to the uk, what do i need to do?
Change planes at Kuala Lumpur, then book flights from KL to Stanstead.

Last edited by spartacus; Oct 29th 2010 at 2:16 am.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

you will get a return flight to the UK for about $1400 plus $50 or so for entertainment and food with Air Asia. Planes are nice, all new.

The only negative (which is worth a saving of $1000 pp in my book) is the stop over in KL means you probably need to break up flight and spend one night in a hotel and they work on point to point service so dont check bags right through. They have just started advertising straight through but as you noted flights are very limited at the mo.

Just go mel - KL - KL to London STD
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

thanks!! have you done this then? is it no frills like people say or is it okay?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My doctor recently did Coolie - KL - Stansted, they upgraded to flat beds and had a great flight and that was travelling with two kids under 4. They were really impressed given some of the reports that have come out from people knocking the service.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
They do - flew to London with them in July
Book Aus-KL and KL-London seperately - although you can now book a straight through flight
Spend a night in KL - a top city
They fly into Stansted which can be a pain for some, although probably better for access to Central and Northern UK. It's also great for budget airline access to UK and Europe.

I'd rather fly Singapore but for the price they are not bad.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
They fly into Stansted which can be a pain for some, although probably better for access to Central and Northern UK.
It's also vastly superior to landing at Heathrow, regardless of where you're headed
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's also vastly superior to landing at Heathrow, regardless of where you're headed
Yeah, Heathrow is not the best but it does have very good transport links. My preference is Gatwick - it's the closest to the places that I am likely to want to go to.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

we travelled with air asia from GC to KL, then spent the night in KL.. and onto Stansted the following day.
Spent a week in the UK, and then we then flew down to South Africa with BA, and then back to Aus with Qantas, and in our opinion the service on Air Asia was better, seats weren't too bad either. Would definitely fly with them again considering we saved over $600 each.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Give me Stanstead any day, Heathrow is a right dump.

Gems
Old Oct 29th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

As far as I know you can only book Mel - KL - STD up to March 2011 at the moment with Air Asia (not sure why).

Maybe adjust your dates if you're just doing a check to get an idea of prices?

Also, their website now allows you to enter your departure city as Melbourne and destination as Stansted and it will calculate connections etc. It didn't previously do this.

I haven't flown with them yet, but am doing a 'test' run to KL in March before trying a longer haul.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:44 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Cannot believe anyone i their right mind would fly a budget airlines all that way, and with kids is bordering on being a bad parent!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by danjones1
Cannot believe anyone i their right mind would fly a budget airlines all that way, and with kids is bordering on being a bad parent!
What total nonsense.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:45 pm
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Obviously this mod is a bad parent.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1

Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.