Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air Asia transit q.

Air Asia transit q.

Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Air Asia transit q.

Hello all you happy travelers.

My query is about airport hotels.

Can anyone tell me which terminal AA use? Is it the KLIA or the LLCT (low cost carrier terminal.)

Also any hotel suggestions? Proximity to the airport and the choice of a grain free breakfast are important. We would want to leave bags at the hotel next morning and take the train into the city for a few hours. Any suggestions about shopping/ markets or anything interesting to do? I have memories of staggering around in extreme humidity the first time we came out, but that was in 2001 when we were still only UK acclimatised.

I am guessing that no special visas etc are needed for a transit stop.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:12 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Asia transit q.

LCCT (shudder!).

There is a hotel virtually onsite:

http://www.tunehotels.com/our-hotels/klia-lcct-airport

However the train does not run from the LCCT - you'd have to get a bus to the main airport - about a 15 minute trip. There are loads of buses running into KL (Sentral train station) from the LCCT though - cost is next to nothing and takes 1 - 1.5 hours.

No visas.