Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air Asia. London-Kuala Lumpa - Perth 200GBP!!

Air Asia. London-Kuala Lumpa - Perth 200GBP!!

Old May 26th 2009, 2:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Asia. London-Kuala Lumpa - Perth 200GBP!!

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Wasn't that the airline that if the inbound flight was running late, and you missed the connection in KL, you had to pay for another onwards flight - despite it being no fault of your own?

I think that some people were talking about staying overnight in KL just in case.
There is a budget hotel - Tune I think it is called - a 5 minute walk from the budget terminal. I think you can get a room for as little as RM30/night.

KLIA is a long way out of KL.
Old May 26th 2009, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Is the budget terminal near the main airport? I remember taking the train from the airport in KL which was quick and cost 5 pounds at the time for a single journey.
Old May 26th 2009, 2:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Is the budget terminal near the main airport? I remember taking the train from the airport in KL which was quick and cost 5 pounds at the time for a single journey.
It's on the other side of the airport, near the cargo area. There is a transfer bus to the main airport from where you can a high-speed train into KL, which I think costs about RM30. A taxi is about RM90-120 into the city, so an option if there are a few of you and is a lot less hassle. I suppose you could leave your luggage at the airport too.
Old May 26th 2009, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I remember being approached by a taxi driver as I was walking down to the station who was trying to do me a 'special' deal at 50 USD to anywhere in the city. At the time it was 1UK pound to around 1.4 USD - suppose about 200 RM.

I avoid taxi drivers at airports. For some reason they always try to rip you off
Old May 26th 2009, 3:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

I remember being approached by a taxi driver as I was walking down to the station who was trying to do me a 'special' deal at 50 USD to anywhere in the city. At the time it was 1UK pound to around 1.4 USD - suppose about 200 RM.

I avoid taxi drivers at airports. For some reason they always try to rip you off
At KLIA, and many other places in Malaysia, you have to buy a voucher from the taxi office which you give to the driver and they pay him. This setup stops the kind of thing you are talking about, which goes on a lot over there.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:38 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I have relies who just booked to come over oct/ nov with brunie for under 1000 gbp for 2 people , 2 stops which they like so they can break it up a bit .
The deals are out there !
Old May 26th 2009, 11:48 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
So, is that one way or return?
That was return.
The KL - Borneo (return) cost $66.00 for 3 people including taxes and luggage upgrade
Old May 26th 2009, 11:57 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
That was return.
The KL - Borneo (return) cost $66.00 for 3 people including taxes and luggage upgrade
That is good. Worth eschewing a few "free" drinks and "free" food.
Old May 26th 2009, 3:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
That was return.
That's excellent. I thought we got a good deal when we had 3 flights, KL-Langkawi for AUD100 but your's is even better.
Old May 27th 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

liam62244 is a jewel in the roughliam62244 is a jewel in the roughliam62244 is a jewel in the roughliam62244 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
So, is that one way or return?
Thats one way