Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

air asia flights to london

air asia flights to london

Old Jul 16th 2009, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Default air asia flights to london

hi was wondering if any one has flown to london with air asia? the flights seem to be really cheap, under 3000 for 4 of us in oct!!!!!! sounds a bit to cheap to me!!!! does anyone know of this airline and how comfortable the flights are?? cheers
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: air asia flights to london

Low cost carrier. You need to pay for the seats on each sector, baggage allowance, meals and so on.

I think Air Asia has a good concept but I also think LCC's work best on regional short haul routes or 1 stop flights where they offer excellent value. Would I want to be on a long haul trip with them...no.

I prefer the security of a large carrier, knowing that should a flight be delayed I will be in the next connection (of which there are usually a few) and that my baggage allowance, meals and drink are included. I know that if I get stuck Singapore air or other carriers will at least look after me and have the ground crews and experience to deal with anything that comes up.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 11:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
hi was wondering if any one has flown to london with air asia? the flights seem to be really cheap, under 3000 for 4 of us in oct!!!!!! sounds a bit to cheap to me!!!! does anyone know of this airline and how comfortable the flights are?? cheers
I've flown Gold Coast to KL and back.

To add to what Centurion has already said. The main problem is that you must buy 2 separate tickets for the Aus to KL and KL to LON sectors. This isn't a problem if you plan a stopover in KL in both directions. However if you don't and you miss your connection Air Asia WILL NOT arrange for you to travel on the next KL - STN flight FOC - you WILL have to buy new seats. If you have a long stopover, the low cost terminal at KL is quite frankly a dump and there is nothing to keep you entertained - you will likely find yourself sitting outside in 30C+ heat with the smokers and old coaches belching fumes for 10 hours!! There are nearby hotels where you could put yourself up for a few hours though.

I'd have no issues flying KL to London as the plane is leased and has seating originally used by Air Canada i.e. normal seat pitch & width. Some of their newer planes on the Aus - KL leg do have very narrow seats though, although I think legroom is on a par with Qantas etc. If you're only flying Perth to KL - I wouldn't worry about it.

Service onboard is fine - some of the Malaysian meals are surprisingly good - Nasi Lemak is my favourite thing ever!! The crew are nice and very relaxed - don't expect Singapore Airlines robots though!

Last edited by bcworld; Jul 16th 2009 at 11:07 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

We plan to fly with them next year - as long as they keep their prices low. However, we will be stopping in KL for a couple of days on the way out and will holiday for a week in Malaysia on the return journey. The savings we make on the flights will allow us this extra holiday
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
The savings we make on the flights will allow us this extra holiday
You could also spend the savings on Imperial Leather Foamburst!! Better pay for a 25kg allowance - should be about 50 cans!!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
You could also spend the savings on Imperial Leather Foamburst!! Better pay for a 25kg allowance - should be about 50 cans!!
Oooh yes - can't wait!! Forget stocking up on kids' clothes
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Service onboard is fine - some of the Malaysian meals are surprisingly good - Nasi Lemak is my favourite thing ever!! The crew are nice and very relaxed - don't expect Singapore Airlines robots though!
Never mind the service, I've heard the Air Asia attendants are the best looking of them all - is this true?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:28 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Never mind the service, I've heard the Air Asia attendants are the best looking of them all - is this true?
Clearly you have been misinformed. Singapore girl - your a great way to fly
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:34 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by sr71
The girls were kinda hot.....I believe their original very short skirts caused a bit of controversy in muslim Malaysia. They've been lengthened since then....although.....judge for yourself (bottom of page)

http://ssassalim.blogspot.com/2008/0...ide-plane.html

....the blokes weren't up to much I should add!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:11 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a long stopover, the low cost terminal at KL is quite frankly a dump and there is nothing to keep you entertained - you will likely find yourself sitting outside in 30C+ heat with the smokers and old coaches belching fumes for 10 hours!! There are nearby hotels where you could put yourself up for a few hours though.
The Pan Pacific hotel which is actually within the airport grounds is staggeringly good value for money considering how luxurious it is. If a downside to cheap flights is spending a night in that hotel (which we always do anyway) then bring it on.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
The Pan Pacific hotel which is actually within the airport grounds is staggeringly good value for money considering how luxurious it is. If a downside to cheap flights is spending a night in that hotel (which we always do anyway) then bring it on.
But, as per usual, the LCC doesn't land at the main airport, they use one about 20k from KL. (Actually 20k is pretty close for a LCC )
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
But, as per usual, the LCC doesn't land at the main airport, they use one about 20k from KL. (Actually 20k is pretty close for a LCC )
There is a budget hotel about a 5 minute walk from the LCCT - it looks brand new.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Hutch
There's also this:

http://www.tunehotels.com/LCCTTransi..._Malaysia.aspx

...which is about 10mins walk from the LCCT and could set you back as little as $20 with the extras.

I've stayed in the downtown Tunehotel and it was pretty nice.

Also I think the Pan Pacific does run a shuttle to the LCCT when required.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:50 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There's also this:

http://www.tunehotels.com/LCCTTransi..._Malaysia.aspx

...which is about 10mins walk from the LCCT and could set you back as little as $20 with the extras.

I've stayed in the downtown Tunehotel and it was pretty nice.

Looks pretty good that one. Not up to Pan Pacific standards, but new, clean and cheap which is ultimately all I care about if I'm there for a single night on stopover.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

One every few hours during daylight.

From Hotel to LCCT – 0500 hrs, 0700 hrs, 0900 hrs, 1400 hrs, 1700 hrs and 2000 hrs
From LCCT to Hotel – 0600 hrs, 0800 hrs, 1000 hrs, 1500 hrs, 1800 hrs and 2100 hrs

When do the AirAsia flights get in and leave?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.