Reload this Page >

AIM SKills Assessment

AIM SKills Assessment

Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AIM SKills Assessment

I have been told that I will have to apply for a AIM skills assessment:

Can someone tell me what this consists of and what sort of cost do you think this should be?

Thanks
Andy
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:28 pm
Go Banana's !!

Wink Re: AIM SKills Assessment

Originally posted by ducatiandy
I have been told that I will have to apply for a AIM skills assessment:

Can someone tell me what this consists of and what sort of cost do you think this should be?

Thanks
Andy
Hi Andy,

I have completed the AIM assessement, don't panic, its not that bad.

Firstly, go to to the AIM website www.aim.com.au, as directed by the DIMAA. You need to download the relevant forms from there in pdf file format. These are very self explanatory.

The next bit is where the hard work on your part is involved. You will need to provide evidence of what you have been doing over the last 5 years. This takes the form of a super-large CV but with lots more detail. To give you an idea of how long it takes, I started it the day after we got back from Oz and it took 6 weeks of preparation, sending info for signing to my previous bosses (who were very very good), photo-copying, scanning, getting master copies certified etc etc. The detail I included were roles and responsibilities for every job, accountabilities, budgetry controls. These were also repeated for all my direct reports. I also included organograms for each business I had worked in and showed how I had progressed through each business. I had to 3 businesses in the 5 years and included where I currently was - the only difference being that I didn't get my current employer to authorise/initial every page I had written as I didn't want him to know at that stage (and thats another story.......:scared: )

I probably spent a couple of hours a night and a couple of hours at the weekends preparing everything.

Believe me the effort was well worth it as I got an answer back within 10 days of sending it and got a really nice letter back. The cost was approx $175AUS but I can't remember accurately. Also, I sent it by Royal Mail Swift Air Signed for Service for approx £17 as it almost £40 by other couriers such as TNT, UPS etc.

When we got this back I had already completed the main application so I was able to turn around everything really quickly.

It all looks very daunting at the beginning but once you are into it what you need all falls into place. My advice is to run off a checklist and get organised. When I get home later, if you want ? I will attach a checklist which you may find useful. :lecture:

Anyway, I hope this helps. Drop us a line if you need to know anything else. I am sure others will also contribute.

Good luck with the process and be patient as its a long process.

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill)

Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

In addition to what Warren has stated, you really need to include as much as you can then more on top.

It took us almost 4 months to get all our paperwork togerther including statement of services from every employer going back to 1982.

If only we wasnt that old it wouldnt have taken so long

good luck
Old Dec 20th 2003, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

We were also assessed by AIM. Not a lot to say really as Warren has given such a great reply.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: AIM SKills Assessment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warren Dix

It all looks very daunting at the beginning but once you are into it what you need all falls into place. My advice is to run off a checklist and get organised. When I get home later, if you want ? I will attach a checklist which you may find useful. :lecture:

Warren

I would really appreciate if you could forward me that checklist, this seems like another report just bigger and better and all about me for a change.

What is it that you work as and did the AIM help?

Where did you move to?

Thanks for that wonderful insight into what I am letting myself infor.

Regards
Andy:scared:
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warren Dix

AIM website www.aim.com.au, as directed by the DIMAA. You need to download the relevant forms from there in pdf file format. These are very self explanatory.

Warren

I am also having a problem entering the above web site, is this the correct address?

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very prosperous New Year!

Andy
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 4:08 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I am also having a problem entering the above web site, is this the correct address?
Andy,

The correct URL is
http://www.aim.com.au/
(without the trailing comma)

Peter
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ptlabs
Andy,

The correct URL is
http://www.aim.com.au/
(without the trailing comma)

Peter
Thank you Peter

Merry Christmas to you!

Regards
Andy
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 9:18 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Peter

Merry Christmas to you!

Regards
Andy
Merry Christmas to one and all!

May whichever God(s) you believe in bless the new year ahead. If you're a pagan (like me), just enjoy the holidays!

Cheers
Peter
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:27 pm
Go Banana's !!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ducatiandy
Originally posted by Warren Dix

Warren

I would really appreciate if you could forward me that checklist, this seems like another report just bigger and better and all about me for a change.

What is it that you work as and did the AIM help?

Where did you move to?

Thanks for that wonderful insight into what I am letting myself infor.

Regards
Andy:scared:

Hi Andy and the others,

Sorry about the confusion on the link, I guess I need an assessment on that one !

I'm struggling to send my file as an excel attachment to the forum so I have cut and pasted it into a powerpoint presentation which for some reason keeps missing off the bottom bit about family tree inclusion.

Anyway, we are hoping to go to Perth next Sept/Oct 04 and are counting down the weeks.

I am currently working as an Operations Director in the Food industry but have worked in Food and factory management/technical for approx. 15 years.

Let me know if the above is any good to you, if not send me a private message and I'll email you the proper attachment for you to work on.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:28 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Warren Dix
Hi Andy and the others,

Sorry about the confusion on the link, I guess I need an assessment on that one !

I'm struggling to send my file as an excel attachment to the forum so I have cut and pasted it into a powerpoint presentation which for some reason keeps missing off the bottom bit about family tree inclusion.

Anyway, we are hoping to go to Perth next Sept/Oct 04 and are counting down the weeks.

I am currently working as an Operations Director in the Food industry but have worked in Food and factory management/technical for approx. 15 years.

Let me know if the above is any good to you, if not send me a private message and I'll email you the proper attachment for you to work on.

Best wishes

Warren
Dammmm forgot the attachment, try again !!

Attached Files
File Type: ppt
aim checklist for website.ppt (55.0 KB, 81 views)