Reload this Page >

AHPRA Criminal Checks

AHPRA Criminal Checks

Old Jun 5th 2011, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

DeeeGeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AHPRA Criminal Checks

Hi everyone,

I've just received my letter confirming eligibility for registration as a Nurse in Australia.

It states before I can complete my registration, I have to take that letter to an AHPRA office, along with proof of identity and criminal history requirements.

I am still in the U.K., hoping to head out in August/September, to start work in Fremantle Hospital, where i was successful in gaining employment.

My query is; am i required to provide evidence/disclosure from the U.K. of my criminal history or is it fully taken care of in Australia??

I would appreciate any help/advice or feedback anyone has, anything is much appreciated.

Thanks
David
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AHPRA Criminal Checks

Originally Posted by DeeeGeee
Hi everyone,

I've just received my letter confirming eligibility for registration as a Nurse in Australia.

It states before I can complete my registration, I have to take that letter to an AHPRA office, along with proof of identity and criminal history requirements.

I am still in the U.K., hoping to head out in August/September, to start work in Fremantle Hospital, where i was successful in gaining employment.

My query is; am i required to provide evidence/disclosure from the U.K. of my criminal history or is it fully taken care of in Australia??

I would appreciate any help/advice or feedback anyone has, anything is much appreciated.

Thanks
David
David,

Sensibly, you'd bring with you a recent statement of criminal history from the UK. Why would you want to wait for the authorities in Aust to connect with UK authorities?...if in fact they would at all. I am sure the onus would be upon you and, as always, self-help will always the best help.

John
Old Jun 5th 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

I am guessing you will be needing a police check certificate for your visa so i guess you could just take that along when you go into the AHPRA office along with your passport and visa

If you read the AHPRA site there is a bit about overseas applicants and proof of ID
Old Jun 5th 2011, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

I work as a medic in Queensland. The only check I had to complete for AHPRA was a Queensland criminal history check. No one ever looked at my UK history (or lack of it).
Old Jun 5th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

When my wife registered at the AHPRA office in Sydney on arrival she just had to provide an Australian address for a police check. However she had one from 5 years ago so that proved enough for them and they didn't do one.