AHPRA

Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

sammy89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AHPRA

I have tracked my application from the UK to Sydney and it was delivered over 2 weeks ago and I have not yet had any contact from AHPRA to say they have received my application yet. Is this normal or should I be worried. I know there has been a few public holidays recently but how long will it be until I am contacted? Im over in OZ for 2 weeks at the end of the month so would be good to know if they need me to take anything else with me.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA

AHPRA seem to go at a leisurely pace. Each year I renew my rego it takes 2-3 weeks for my status to be updated on their online register, plus the holidays will have caused things to grind to a halt for at least a week. Overseas applications typically take longer anyway.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:52 am
Just Joined

FionaScottish is an unknown quantity at this point

My application took a lot longer than the guidelines set out by the Royal Mail. I think it took about 2 and a half weeks.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:57 am
Just Joined

FionaScottish is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if you could help me with my query. AHPRA have emailed me to say I have been registered in principle however I have 3 months to go in and present proof of identity. I have sent all forms of identification all of which certified by justice of the peace. I am actually astonished that they expect me to travel from Scotland to Australia to simply give them ID that I have already provided and they want me to do this by 21st of March. I actually want to cry.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaScottish
I wonder if you could help me with my query. AHPRA have emailed me to say I have been registered in principle however I have 3 months to go in and present proof of identity. I have sent all forms of identification all of which certified by justice of the peace. I am actually astonished that they expect me to travel from Scotland to Australia to simply give them ID that I have already provided and they want me to do this by 21st of March. I actually want to cry.
Yes, you have 3 months in which to turn up at an AHPRA office and convert 'in principle' to full membership. Its a change that was brought in several months ago
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaScottish
My application took a lot longer than the guidelines set out by the Royal Mail. I think it took about 2 and a half weeks.
Thats pretty good for mail to Aus these days, not so long back Aus Post was on such a go-slow everything was taking 8 weeks or more. Discussions on here proved it to be Aus Post, not the Royal Mail for once!
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

AHPRA changed their guidelines 7 ish months ago I believe. You have 90 days to present in person or you have to reapply xx
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, you have 3 months in which to turn up at an AHPRA office and convert 'in principle' to full membership. Its a change that was brought in several months ago
They were probably ticked off processing applications for people who never bothered to turn up. It’s a reasonable expectation that people would turn up for the process, they’re notoriously overwhelmed with applications at the best of times and they’re difficult to communicate with so if this restricts frivolous applications I’m all for it.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 10:00 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by quoll
They were probably ticked off processing applications for people who never bothered to turn up. It’s a reasonable expectation that people would turn up for the process, they’re notoriously overwhelmed with applications at the best of times and they’re difficult to communicate with so if this restricts frivolous applications I’m all for it.
I'm inclined to agree on that point. Spending so much time processing forms for people who never make the move could just be taking up time better spent elsewhere.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

peckhamtogeelong is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. I hadn't factored that in to this process. I have to have AHPRA registration to apply for a job. And I need the job offer to apply for a visa and the visa can take up to 6 months so I wouldn't be in Australia until about 9 months after registering with AHPRA. Considering how much you have to pay for EPIC/AMC/AHPRA I'm surprised that many people were doing it and then never turning up. Slightly shocked I now need to fork out another £500+ and beg for extra annual leave to make a very brief visit to an office on the other side of the world....