Ahhhhhh!

Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice
Default Ahhhhhh!

Supposed to be leaving for Brisbane end Jan/start Feb,but people buying our house are dragging their heels.Originally they wanted to move in before Christmas but still have not got a completion date . We are unable to book flights,removals,accommodation in Oz,cancel services at home or resign from our jobs.Went to trailfinders yesterday to look at traveling via LA so we could take the kids to Disney but at the end had to say will get back to you. People keep asking "when are you going" and have to keep saying "dunno" starting to feel a bit of fraud.
Has anyone had similar experiences . any advice would be gratefully received as our stress levels are rocketing :scared:
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:23 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ahhhhhh!

If you really really want to sell your house I'll give you a weird tip but it works.
Keep it to yourself though.

Firstly buy a bottle of Australian wine, doesn't have to be expensive. Preferably from the state you want to move to but not a neccesity.
Secondly, bury the bottle in your front garden, cork down & the front label facing the road.
If all goes to plan you should have a buyer within a month.
Once deal is signed, dig up the wine & celebrate.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:28 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
If you really really want to sell your house I'll give you a weird tip but it works.

Firstly buy a bottle of Australian wine, doesn't have to be expensive. Preferably from the state you want to move to but not a neccesity.
Secondly, bury the bottle in your front garden, cork down & the front label facing the road.

Arrgh, why didnt you say that months ago, I could have sold by now!!!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Arrgh, why didnt you say that months ago, I could have sold by now!!!
Was waiting on the price of the wine coming down after new year.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:37 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

ROOKSIE.................get digging !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

I will try the wine thing and let you know!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Supposed to be leaving for Brisbane end Jan/start Feb,but people buying our house are dragging their heels.Originally they wanted to move in before Christmas but still have not got a completion date . We are unable to book flights,removals,accommodation in Oz,cancel services at home or resign from our jobs.Went to trailfinders yesterday to look at traveling via LA so we could take the kids to Disney but at the end had to say will get back to you. People keep asking "when are you going" and have to keep saying "dunno" starting to feel a bit of fraud.
Has anyone had similar experiences . any advice would be gratefully received as our stress levels are rocketing :scared:
Until Friday, we were in the same boat, and we're also in Bristol! Sold in August, then buyers buyer fell through, sold again to same person when they had new buyer. Meant to exchange b4 xmas, but buyers buyer messing about. Loads of stress! I know how you feel. We had to go, as job sponsorship. Eventually took the plunge and bought tickets for 22nd Jan on Thurs. On Friday had the good news - we exchanged. Complete 23rd, just after we leave. Only advice i can give is that we're now so frantic (shouldn't be on here really, too much to do) that I wish we'd booked tickets anyway. Don't know you're position, I guess if you don't have an employer waiting you can hang on longer. The only thing I can say, is you're not alone, plenty of people have been there, stay positive and hang on in there. Perhaps start writing some letters ready to send when dates come through, banks etc, to stay ahead.

All the best! We're heading to Gosford NSW but have been to Brisbane - lovely! We're in South Bristol, Brislington. Were you at the Bristol Meet at Winterbourne in November?

Jo x
Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

I feel for you, how frustrating!!!
Is there a particular reason for getting there bt the end of jan? Is it that your visa validation runs out?
Lynn
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

bump
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
Until Friday, we were in the same boat, and we're also in Bristol! Sold in August, then buyers buyer fell through, sold again to same person when they had new buyer. Meant to exchange b4 xmas, but buyers buyer messing about. Loads of stress! I know how you feel. We had to go, as job sponsorship. Eventually took the plunge and bought tickets for 22nd Jan on Thurs. On Friday had the good news - we exchanged. Complete 23rd, just after we leave. Only advice i can give is that we're now so frantic (shouldn't be on here really, too much to do) that I wish we'd booked tickets anyway. Don't know you're position, I guess if you don't have an employer waiting you can hang on longer. The only thing I can say, is you're not alone, plenty of people have been there, stay positive and hang on in there. Perhaps start writing some letters ready to send when dates come through, banks etc, to stay ahead.

All the best! We're heading to Gosford NSW but have been to Brisbane - lovely! We're in South Bristol, Brislington. Were you at the Bristol Meet at Winterbourne in November?

Jo x

Thanks for the reply Jo.Have had a bit more news today, looks things could be moving (touch wood) . Have made some calls to water , gas etc all have been helpfull. We're in Staple Hill but didn't attend Bristol meet.Hope all works out well for you and good luck with the move.

Steve
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
I feel for you, how frustrating!!!
Is there a particular reason for getting there bt the end of jan? Is it that your visa validation runs out?
Lynn

Hi Lynn
Thanks for the support.Need to be in Oz for validation by start of March so don't want to push it to close, so we can sort things out this end before we leave.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:06 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply Jo.Have had a bit more news today, looks things could be moving (touch wood) . Have made some calls to water , gas etc all have been helpfull. We're in Staple Hill but didn't attend Bristol meet.Hope all works out well for you and good luck with the move.

Steve
Try not to get too stressed about it all, I'm sure it will sort itself out in the end

The best of luck to you
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The A Team
Try not to get too stressed about it all, I'm sure it will sort itself out in the end

The best of luck to you

Thanks and good luck to you and everyone else
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks and good luck to you and everyone else
Where are you heading in oz steve?
lynn
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:09 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Place it next to the red envelope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.