British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   AHC London - why are they taking so long to process visas? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ahc-london-why-they-taking-so-long-process-visas-111070/)

Qburn1 Sep 6th 2002 1:10 pm

AHC London - why are they taking so long to process visas?

why are AHC London taking so long to process visas? I heard months ago that they where processing April 2001 then, and the nice lady who called me up yesterday from AHC, said they where still processing April 2002 just now?

G

Grub Sep 6th 2002 1:32 pm

Re: AHC London - why are they taking so long to process visas?

Dear Qburn

Your guess.. etc...etc
I spoke to the HC and they said they were up to end April 2001. We are end May. Who knows how this month will take to process (darent bitch about them too much in case they read this site and whip my case out and accidentally BURN it).

There are a number of reasons that it's taking so long mainly cos they are on skeleton staff (think there are 2 teams comprising about 8 people as far as i can see). They have also been processing IT and nurses first (cheers!).

If you get any gen then please post it on this site as i am sooooooooooooooooooooo sick of waiting.

Love

Nicky
xx
PS did my piccy of K come out?

Originally posted by Qburn1:
why are AHC London taking so long to process visas? I heard months ago that they where processing April 2001 then, and the nice lady who called me up yesterday from AHC, said they where still processing April 2002 just now?

G

Jaj Sep 6th 2002 9:04 pm

They're not fast-tracking IT any more, although London had actually assessed all IT
applications a few months before fast-tracking was dropped.

Although they do generally work in chronological order, it's a broad chronological
order only and there can be a couple of months variance between individual
applications.

And if people are calling them every week to find out how their application is going,
then that *will* slow them down.

Jeremy

>On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:32:18 +0000, NickyTurner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Dear Qburn
    >Your guess.. etc...etc I spoke to the HC and they said they were up to end April
    >2001. We are end May. Who knows how this month will take to process (darent bitch
    >about them too much in case they read this site and whip my case out and
    >accidentally BURN it).
    >There are a number of reasons that it's taking so long mainly cos they are on
    >skeleton staff (think there are 2 teams comprising about 8 people as far as i can
    >see). They have also been processing IT and nurses first (cheers!).
    >If you get any gen then please post it on this site as i am sooooooooooooooooooooo
    >sick of waiting.
    >Love
    >Nicky xx
    >PS did my piccy of K come out?
    >Originally posted by Qburn1:
    >> why are AHC London taking so long to process visas? I heard months ago that they
    >> where processing April 2001 then, and the nice lady who called me up yesterday
    >> from AHC, said they where still processing April 2002 just now?
    >G
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Chr!5 M8wn Sep 8th 2002 1:53 am

Another reason would be due to Dublin closing it's doors and the remaining
applications have/will be sent to London (the nearest location)

And as I currently live in Aus on a 4yr visa and awaiting my PR (circa Jne
2001) I can tell you there is A LOT of irish backpackers/PR/temp bus's over
here......

Cheers Chris

"JAJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > They're not fast-tracking IT any more, although London had actually assessed all IT
    > applications a few months before fast-tracking was dropped.
    > Although they do generally work in chronological order, it's a broad chronological
    > order only and there can be a couple of months variance between individual
    > applications.
    > And if people are calling them every week to find out how their application is
    > going, then that *will* slow them down.
    > Jeremy
    > >On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:32:18 +0000, NickyTurner
<[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >Dear Qburn
    > >
    > >Your guess.. etc...etc I spoke to the HC and they said they were up to end April
    > >2001. We are end May. Who knows how this month will take to process (darent bitch
    > >about them too much in case they read this site and whip my case out and
    > >accidentally BURN it).
    > >
    > >There are a number of reasons that it's taking so long mainly cos they are on
    > >skeleton staff (think there are 2 teams comprising about 8 people as far as i can
    > >see). They have also been processing IT and nurses first (cheers!).
    > >
    > >If you get any gen then please post it on this site as i am sooooooooooooooooooooo
    > >sick of waiting.
    > >
    > >Love
    > >
    > >Nicky xx
    > >PS did my piccy of K come out?
    > >
    > >Originally posted by Qburn1:
    > >> why are AHC London taking so long to process visas? I heard months ago that
    > >> they where processing April 2001 then, and the nice lady who called me up
    > >> yesterday from AHC, said they where still processing April 2002 just now?
    > >>
    > >G
    > >
    > >--
    > >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >