Aggressive HIFX

Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:55 am
Banned

jumbo will become famous soon enoughjumbo will become famous soon enough
Default Aggressive HIFX

I have recently completerd a number of forward contracts and paid for them all together for transmission of funds on the same day. When chacking arrival of funds I found only one of the contracts had been paid in.

On phoning to check whether all had bee sent etc. I was met with a very aggressive response. This was not only from the payments section but also from the superviser Simon. I was talked over continuously and told it may take 4 days for them all to arrive. Basically told to "go away" and all was fine etc.

Well that marked my last transactions with HIFX in the UK. Maybe their Australian branch is more service oriented to its customers?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:54 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aggressive HIFX

That is not good...
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jumbo
I have recently completerd a number of forward contracts and paid for them all together for transmission of funds on the same day. When chacking arrival of funds I found only one of the contracts had been paid in.

On phoning to check whether all had bee sent etc. I was met with a very aggressive response. This was not only from the payments section but also from the superviser Simon. I was talked over continuously and told it may take 4 days for them all to arrive. Basically told to "go away" and all was fine etc.

Well that marked my last transactions with HIFX in the UK. Maybe their Australian branch is more service oriented to its customers?
Sorry to hear this, I’m hoping to use the HIFX service soon. Without being too nosy was it a large amount or small. Is it their attitude of not worth worrying about for that amount of money?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:27 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

They are normally very good at HIFX. But I did find their registration a pain and having to make phone calls to trade was a nuisance, prefer to do it all onlie.

I also use www.tranzfers.com they are 7 pounds per transaction, its all online, easy to register with , very safe and secure, reasonable exch rate even for small volumes, and you can track it all online.

you can setup multiple trades and leave them in the system then when you want the money or are happy with the exchange rate you can hit 'buy' and you get that fixed amount of UKP converted into AUD at the rate they offer there and then - about 24hrs later its in your account in Aus. (Or in UK if you'resending money back ).

They're really good - always reliable and very safe/secure. I use them loads.
If you do decide to register be kind enough to use my referral - i get brownie points

Referral website:
http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=ijcollins

If you dont want to give me brownie points here is the non-referral website
www.tranzfers.com
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I have found them "pushy". I have just signed up to another 6 month contract - at a very poor rate indeed! - but after being lectured several times I think if I use them again it will be through the Sydney office. I don't think it's high-pressure marketing, it's just the type that gets into the currency trading scene!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:20 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: Aggressive HIFX

I posted about these people before- they refused to believe there was a problem with their internet site (meaning I couldn't complete the transfer on-line and therefore leaving all our money in limbo for over a week) They were arrogant and rude. We ended up with a huge mobile phone bill and only a blazing row with a supervisor resulted in them agreeing there was a problem and an alternative arrangement was found to complete the transaction. Nightmare bunch and very unhelpful
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

we had a delay last year too!

There wasn't much we could do about it, but it's probably the way they make extra money on the funds they receive - just a few days delay here and there!?

gd
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi

we had a delay last year too!

There wasn't much we could do about it, but it's probably the way they make extra money on the funds they receive - just a few days delay here and there!?

gd
Yes, just think of all that money they are holding for everyone x interest + offering one cent less = MILLIONS

Originally Posted by AndyD
Yes, just think of all that money they are holding for everyone x interest + offering one cent less = MILLIONS
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

We were going to use them but upon dealing with them found them to have a "am i bovvered" attitude and couldn't really care whether we became clients or not.

We will be looking elsewhere.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:46 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that they can be quite pushy with their marketing. They have phoned me twice now and given me all the woes of the money markets, and how the rate could go down to 2.15 etc. I held my nerve, took other advice, and didn't buy. I think that a less confident person may well have found themselves purchasing a load of currency though.

I think that I will use Moneycorp, as they are much less pushy, and generally more friendly, and willing to talk the deal through properly. They advised me against purchasing a forward contract until my house sale was completed, so they must have some morals/trading ethics.

Check out www.moneycorp.com. They also have some really good tracking tools and software on their site too, which you can download to your desktop to keep you constantly updated on the market. Usually they offer a better rate than Tranzfers, and transactions are free.

S
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

Check out www.moneycorp.com. They also have some really good tracking tools and software on their site too, which you can download to your desktop to keep you constantly updated on the market. Usually they offer a better rate than Tranzfers, and transactions are free.

S
Thanks, will have a look
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I have found that they can be quite pushy with their marketing. They have phoned me twice now and given me all the woes of the money markets, and how the rate could go down to 2.15 etc. I held my nerve, took other advice, and didn't buy. I think that a less confident person may well have found themselves purchasing a load of currency though.

I think that I will use Moneycorp, as they are much less pushy, and generally more friendly, and willing to talk the deal through properly. They advised me against purchasing a forward contract until my house sale was completed, so they must have some morals/trading ethics.

S

I haven't dealt with them yet but have spoken to them a couple of times and found them very polite each time. When I rang to register I was sent a big pack with interesting info. Only had a problem when I emailed them my documents as the girl I was dealing with had left.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
Only had a problem when I emailed them my documents as the girl I was dealing with had left.
You have that effect on people!

Good to see the rate on the up!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Referral website:
http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=ijcollins

If you dont want to give me brownie points here is the non-referral website
www.tranzfers.com
You just got a brownie point from me. Enjoy the vouchers/shuffle/ipod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.