Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Agghh! Help – missed get a new life on BBC2!

Wikiposts

Agghh! Help – missed get a new life on BBC2!

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

keaton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agghh! Help – missed get a new life on BBC2!

Did anyone happen to tape last nights Get A New Life on BBC2 at 8pm? I managed to miss but all but the last 10 mins and since we’re planning on a possible migration to Brisbane I thought t might be useful for us.

I’m willing to pay postage costs etc if anyone here can help me out!

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

You didn`t miss much, we are looking to go to Brisbane and were quite disapointed.

footie chick

If you look on a previous thread there is a website about the programme.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 9:20 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
You didn`t miss much, we are looking to go to Brisbane and were quite disapointed.

footie chick

I couldn't find it. The best I could find is this http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/Z10_00ageta0404.lasso
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 9:20 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Agghh! Help – missed get a new life on BBC2!

I taped it and have watch it already so if you are still interest PM me.
It's worth it to see the mullet alone !! Unfortunayely it nearly put my wife off going and I have to spend 15 minutes explaining to her Melbourne isn't like that !!
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 10:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The REAL Brisbane isn't like that either - I've spent several months there visiting my fiance and getting ready to move over there, and I wasn't impressed with the programme at all. Far too negative a view of a lovely part of Oz.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

keaton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick

footie chick

Thanks I'll check the site when I get a moment. I'm sure what was seen isn't a proper reflection of Brisbane but I'd still like to swhat the programme offered
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ooeerr mrs
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:51 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

lol ... surely the point is rather not 'is that the real Brisbane ?' but ' Were they paid actors and was that a wig ?? '
S
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

of course its a true reflection of brisbane you numskulls it IS brisbane... look the sun doesnt shine out of the arse of oz like some of you posters here think you still gotta work and pay the bills and look after the kids GET REAL SOME OF YOU AND GET YOUR HEADS FROM UP YOUR ASS
To uluru

I have not read any post that read "we do not have to work or pay bills or look after kids" suggest you go stick your head where the sun does not shine. You Stupid Boy.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Here here! Nice one Donna and Chris.

What a nasty mouth uluru has!
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

I too found the programme disappointing but more because enough wasn't shown of Brisbane itself. It was long winded and boring, nearly fell asleep. My criticism is not of Brisbane or the family shown but rather of the chosen tediousl content i.e. doing a practice surf on a gloomy English beach?

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Maybe I am the only one, but I thought it was quite a good programme. The 'relocators' didn't interfere much and it showed a lot of the emotions that the woman went through when she was missing her family.

I also thought the scenery and locations looked fab!

Would be interested to know what you found negative about it, I thought it was a realiostic portrayal.

P.s Has the 'House in the Sun' been on with Sue in it yet?.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 7:03 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Agghh! Help – missed get a new life on BBC2!

Originally posted by Snitzy
I taped it and have watch it already so if you are still interest PM me.
It's worth it to see the mullet alone !! Unfortunayely it nearly put my wife off going and I have to spend 15 minutes explaining to her Melbourne isn't like that !!

My husband was put off aswell took me 2 hours talking him round. Wished I hadn't watched the programme now. We are heading to Melbourne too.

Jo
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be interested to know what you found negative about it, I thought it was a realiostic portrayal.

Well for what its worth, what I thought was positive was the emotions and how difficult that adjustment can be.

what I thought was negative was that the programme suggested getting a visa moving to Oz (Brisbane) getting work etc was easy.

It did not reflect how much work goes into getting a visa etc. The actual content of the programme could have been shown in less than 15 minutes.

Having never been to Brisbane I have no idea of what its like, and still don't. !!

The programme is an ego trip for the presenters who are a waste of space.

Would the programme not have been better following the family over the time they applied for a visa to selling the house to moving out there. Therefore showing the "trauma" of the process.

Like a previous poster mentioned, what was the point in showing them surfing on a UK beach. ?

Thats my thoughts anyway.

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by uluru
of course its a true reflection of brisbane you numskulls it IS brisbane... look the sun doesnt shine out of the arse of oz like some of you posters here think you still gotta work and pay the bills and look after the kids GET REAL SOME OF YOU AND GET YOUR HEADS FROM UP YOUR ASS
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.