Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aggggghhh change of location! help somebody!

Aggggghhh change of location! help somebody!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:29 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Unhappy Aggggghhh change of location! help somebody!

0730! All change, got a call from hubbys boss, story too long to go into but basically we are now off to Queensland instead of Vic! His main area will be around Brissy but the patch he covers will be up as far as townsville! Our choice of living area will be about 1 hour max commute from Bris preferably a small community! Any suggestions gratefully recieved! Initially we will rent! :scared: :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:13 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aggggghhh change of location! help somebody!

Shall I sound like a cracked record & suggest the bayside area?

Seriously, if you want a community atmosphere but not too far from Brisbane Id suggest either bayside (Cleveland/Victoria Point/Redland Bay are very good, also Manly) or Samford which is acreage. I'll give you the speil I give everyone though - Samford gets bloody hot in summer :scared: .

If hubbys "territory" extends to Townsville, Im hoping that he'll be flying when he has to go & visit the outstations
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:28 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Aggggghhh change of location! help somebody!

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Shall I sound like a cracked record & suggest the bayside area?
I was considering doing the same, but I was busy sending an email about the area to someone else, and i'm glad to see that you beat me to it