Agents - what do they do?

Wikiposts

Agents - what do they do?

Old May 16th 2005, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Agents - what do they do?

Originally Posted by biggy
Our agent did absolutely everything.....we just stuck all hubbies certificates etc and cv into a DHL envelope and off the Australia....the agent sorted them all out filled in the forms all typed up....copied all the blurb and certs(24 in all) and got them all certified......emailed the form back to us we printed it off hubby signed it then we posted it back to him. Main application we sent a very roughly filled in form to him....again he typed it all up and made sure all was in order...emailed it back to us......bla bla bla....we signed them and DHL'd it back(all in the agents fees)....everything went very smoothly, and I reckon the agents fees was money very very well spen....we also got over 3 months of info from him before we even sugned him up

christ, which agent was THAT????????
Old May 16th 2005, 9:26 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by judeyoga
We have signed up with an agent and are starting the skills assessment, however we are starting to wonder what we are paying him for. We are contacting everyone and filling in forms to send back to him in order for him to send them to the assessment boards.

Can anyone with experience of going through the process with an agent tell us what they actually do in order to earn their fee? This isn't intended to be disrespectful but we cannot see at the moment where our money is going.

I wonder if I'm a bit simple but I'd like to see a list of things they actually do - does this make sense?
Hi,
I did my own skills assessment but got an agent to do our main application as there were complications. Apart from gathering evidence to send to agent and signing 1 or 2 forms we did absolutely nothing. She did all the paperwork for us. I can truly recommend Toni and her team. http://www.arriveaustralia.com.au
She sent us a contract and with that contract was a list of everything she was going to do for us.
The only thing I was disappointed about was that she e-mailed to say our visa had been granted when other agents phone you. But that's me just being a silly arse as I wanted Andrew to be here when we found out.
Sarah
Old May 16th 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hi,
I did my own skills assessment but got an agent to do our main application as there were complications. Apart from gathering evidence to send to agent and signing 1 or 2 forms we did absolutely nothing. She did all the paperwork for us. I can truly recommend Toni and her team. http://www.arriveaustralia.com.au
She sent us a contract and with that contract was a list of everything she was going to do for us.
The only thing I was disappointed about was that she e-mailed to say our visa had been granted when other agents phone you. But that's me just being a silly arse as I wanted Andrew to be here when we found out.
Sarah
At the end of the day you got your visa Sarah

The agent we went to for "advice" didn't charge us BUT....

he told me my "qualification" was valid and that my "skill" was on "skills in demand " list. So if I wanted to be the visa applicant I should go back to work in that skill to get the "recent work experience". So having worked a yr in my skill area, and visited oz to job hunt, I now find that my skill is not on the skills wanted list because a degree is required not my diploma, and the diploma I have is also not valid because dept of childcare Victoria have added a clause stating "only post 1993 " qualification accepted.

The reason I'm telling you guys this is that I've wasted 2 yrs thinking I could get to oz and now find I can't.
Please be careful when going for "free" advice and remember that migration agents are knowledgeable about visas but not necessarily about each qualification. I've learned the hard way.
Unless my hubby gets lucky with his company offering him a post in oz(and that would be a 4yr post not PR) I can't see how I can fullfill my dreams of living near my friends and enjoying a country I really love.
helinuk
Old May 16th 2005, 10:10 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helinuk
At the end of the day you got your visa Sarah

The agent we went to for "advice" didn't charge us BUT....

he told me my "qualification" was valid and that my "skill" was on "skills in demand " list. So if I wanted to be the visa applicant I should go back to work in that skill to get the "recent work experience". So having worked a yr in my skill area, and visited oz to job hunt, I now find that my skill is not on the skills wanted list because a degree is required not my diploma, and the diploma I have is also not valid because dept of childcare Victoria have added a clause stating "only post 1993 " qualification accepted.

The reason I'm telling you guys this is that I've wasted 2 yrs thinking I could get to oz and now find I can't.
Please be careful when going for "free" advice and remember that migration agents are knowledgeable about visas but not necessarily about each qualification. I've learned the hard way.
Unless my hubby gets lucky with his company offering him a post in oz(and that would be a 4yr post not PR) I can't see how I can fullfill my dreams of living near my friends and enjoying a country I really love.
helinuk
Hiya Hel,
Yes you got a really crap deal didn't you. Toss pot of an agent. Wishing your hubby luck with his company.
Sarah