Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Agents Predictions?

Agents Predictions?

Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:56 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Agents Predictions?

We have just sent our meds & pc,s,Spoke to our agent today & he expects us to hear about/get our visas in October?
Anyone else whos had an agent & they have predicted when they might get their visas? Did you get it? or did the month come & go?
Scared to get our hopes up,Do we start making plans? or hang off? House to sell etc...
Thinking we,re not giving ourselves much time to sell the house if we do wait till oct to put it on the market,(want to get to Oz for xmas!)
What do we do?
What would you do?
What did you do?
Donna.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

did they request pc's and meds???if so i reckon before October..What visa is it??Ours was around 4/5 weeks after sending them(don't mean to scare ya!!!!!)

hold tight!!!!

Scott
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:10 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scottalison6
did they request pc's and meds???if so i reckon before October..What visa is it??Ours was around 4/5 weeks after sending them(don't mean to scare ya!!!!!)

hold tight!!!!

Scott
Meds & pc,s frontloaded on agents say so,
Skilled Inde 136.
Donna.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:25 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Agents Predictions?

Originally posted by madsad
We have just sent our meds & pc,s,Spoke to our agent today & he expects us to hear about/get our visas in October?
Anyone else whos had an agent & they have predicted when they might get their visas? Did you get it? or did the month come & go?
Scared to get our hopes up,Do we start making plans? or hang off? House to sell etc...
Thinking we,re not giving ourselves much time to sell the house if we do wait till oct to put it on the market,(want to get to Oz for xmas!)
What do we do?
What would you do?
What did you do?
Donna.

Looking at other peoples problems with selling houses if I had one to sell I would sell it and rent, at least you then know that you don't have to worry about that the when you do hear on the visa.

Kala
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:34 pm

Default Re: Agents Predictions?

Originally posted by kala
Looking at other peoples problems with selling houses if I had one to sell I would sell it and rent, at least you then know that you don't have to worry about that the when you do hear on the visa.

Kala
Sounds the easiest option,but dont want the upheavel with 3kids,unless you mean renting our own house off the buyers?Havent looked into that as yet.

Donna.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Donna..

We are in a similar situation and we had the same dilemma..eg,,,the move is a big enough upheaval etc etc without renting short term...in the end we decided to sell the house and if we have rent so be it!!!Kids will adapt...as long as they have their stuff! they'll be fine!!!!we had a load of viewings etc and offers and its a bloody nitemare..Go for it!!!you're nearly there!!!!

Scott
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

We frontloaded, application lodged Feb. Our agent had us convinced we'd hear by the end of June. Sh now tinks by August.

We didn't want to put the house on the market untill we had heard but as we are hoping to be there Oct/Nov time we put it up last week. if it sells too soon then we will be lucky enough to move in with the Mother in Law:scared: :scared: :scared:

When did you lodge your application?

Helen
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:03 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Nige37
We frontloaded, application lodged Feb. Our agent had us convinced we'd hear by the end of June. Sh now tinks by August.

We didn't want to put the house on the market untill we had heard but as we are hoping to be there Oct/Nov time we put it up last week. if it sells too soon then we will be lucky enough to move in with the Mother in Law:scared: :scared: :scared:

Helen
Our fingers are crossed for you both Nigel And Helen hope you hear something soooooon

Leanne And Darren
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:34 pm

Originally posted by Nige37

Helen

We lodged in April, but stangely our agent told us that applications lodged in Mar/Apr will take 6 month's and app's lodged in jan/feb will take 7-8 months??!! i have no clue how this works, but to be honest since we started this process my brain has turned into mush!!

what type of visa are you on??
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:31 pm

Hiya all,
Thanx for all your replies,Seen estate agent today & are taking the plunge!! House goes on the market 1st week in August!!
See how things go?Now the de-cluttering starts!anyone have a skip handy?
Donna.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 6:02 pm
Shaun&MIchelle

michellecarre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for answers

Hi all
Does anybody know if Baldbutts still uses this site?or who could help with current questions.
i,m an electrican looking to move to wa probably mandurah.It would be nice to know what the latest work situation is , the required exams that you must take to get your class A licence.
some answers would make this process a bit easier to handle.
the SIR visa is new and is a bit heavy going.

Shaun
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:31 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: looking for answers

Originally posted by michellecarre
Hi all
Does anybody know if Baldbutts still uses this site?or who could help with current questions.
i,m an electrican looking to move to wa probably mandurah.It would be nice to know what the latest work situation is , the required exams that you must take to get your class A licence.

Shaun

Hi there,Im an Electrician but im moving to Brisbane where hopefully all i need to do is a multiple guess(sorry choice)+CPR.
My friend moved to Perth 6 weeks ago and is also a spark and so far he has done a theory test which involved 40 multiple choice and 12 questions on the wiring rules.
If he sees this thread he may be able to shed more light on it.
I think he has to do more exams(practical etc) and could take up to 6 months to complete.
Western Oz seems to be the hardest place to gain your license.
Hope this helps.

Darren
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:37 pm

Originally posted by michellecarre
Hi all

Shaun

No offence mate, but what does this subject have to do with this thread? did you mean to post it as a new thread?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:40 pm
Shaun&MIchelle

Originally posted by leannefr
Hi there,Im an Electrician but im moving to Brisbane where hopefully all i need to do is a multiple guess(sorry choice)+CPR.
My friend moved to Perth 6 weeks ago and is also a spark and so far he has done a theory test which involved 40 multiple choice and 12 questions on the wiring rules.
If he sees this thread he may be able to shed more light on it.
I think he has to do more exams(practical etc) and could take up to 6 months to complete.
Western Oz seems to be the hardest place to gain your license.
Hope this helps.

Darren
cheers Darren.
that seems to be the norm . multiple choice,x2 then 3-4 hr practicle.have u spoken to your mate on the job front at all.did he get a job straight away?. reading all the threads you get mixed stories and experiences.But its good to talk to find out what not to do and where not to go!!

Shaun
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:47 pm
Shaun&MIchelle

Originally posted by madsad
No offence mate, but what does this subject have to do with this thread? did you mean to post it as a new thread?
Apologies, Madsad, just started using this site and still trying to find way round! Wife just showed me how to start new thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.